PDA

View Full Version : T M Lee handmade journal

migo984
August 10th, 2015, 03:05 AM
I commissioned one of T M Lee's beautiful bespoke handmade journals, to record my Australia memories. It is now finished & I am in awe of what he has achieved. The starting point was the amazing aboriginal artwork, of a gangurru, that I love; from that, the colour & finish were chosen & the embossed river of dots were designed & executed by the amazing Mr Lee. The artwork & colours were my choice; they are the epitome of Australia in my eyes.

The journal is A5 size & contains 280 pages of Tomoe River paper.

Here are a few photos of his beautiful work. The pen is his........

earthdawn
August 10th, 2015, 05:36 AM
I follow his thread on FPN and was wondering who commissioned this journal.

Stunning and beautiful. His attention to detail and skill set for making these is just amazing.

I have more than a few of his work. He also makes the Fountain Pen Day journals each year and is currently the only person I have allowed to use the logo freely in his work.

Congrats on you one of kind stunner.

MY63
August 10th, 2015, 06:17 AM
I have also been following this thread on fpn and was wondering if we would ever find out who had commissioned it. I was amazed at how T M Lee managed to emboss those dots I can tell you it is not easy.
Thanks for sharing.

Lady Onogaro
August 10th, 2015, 11:42 AM
That's gorgeous, Migo.

Crazyorange
August 10th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Drop dead gorgeous!

klpeabody
August 10th, 2015, 05:48 PM
This is gorgeous. TM Lee does amazing work. How lucky you are to have such a special journal. Thanks for sharing with us. Enjoy!

Bogon07
August 10th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Wow Migo that is singularly attractive. It is a real treasure. Everything works together so well. The the embossed river of dots is sheer genius.
The gangurru looks great on the cover.

fountainpagan
August 11th, 2015, 01:05 AM
I said it alreadz elsewhere, but I say here, too: :jaw:

Congratulations, Migo, a dramatically different notebook.

chojo
August 11th, 2015, 06:06 AM
I'm jealous and that doesn't happen very often. Well done you :clap2:

VertOlive
August 12th, 2015, 04:11 AM
Dramatic design, migo, very nice! His work is exceptional. I got one for FP Day and have yet to think up something brilliant enough to say in it.

ethernautrix
August 12th, 2015, 05:42 AM
That is gorgeous!

migo984
August 17th, 2015, 11:00 PM
I've been looking for a small journaling pen to go with my beautiful Australia journal from Mr Lee. Sadly, I couldn't afford a Stipula Etruria Alter Ego, like the one he included with his photos of my journal I posted above. Nor would it warrant spending that much anyway.

But after a extensive search I finally found this. It's a discontinued Visconti Van Gogh Midi in Sandal Brown, almost the same colour as the current Room in Arles. I like the smaller size, great for carrying with my journal, and love the colours. I'll replace the steel Visconti nib (far too rigid for me) with a nice 18k gold Masuyama medium italic. Even though it has a metal section, which I dislike, a springy gold nib makes it a totally different, and more pleasurable, writing experience.

I think it'll be a good match for my journal......

Sevenof9
August 17th, 2015, 11:59 PM
They look very nice together Migo. Love the journal and feel some envy about your Australian Journey. Enjoy 7