PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Everest Fountain Pen - Brown/orange celluloid Keyhole Flex nib

akafridi3
August 10th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Vintage Italian Everest Fountain pen

I have read somewhere that Montegrappa used to make pens for Everest in Italy, correct me if i am wrong.

Bought this pen from a seller in Italy

I believe this pen is modeled after the Parker 51. The cap design w/ arrow clip and the pull-off cap mechanism are very reminiscent of the parker 51. The top of the cap features a jewel made out of the same celluloid as the barrel. The cap has an aged look and i think it looks very nice. There is one ding in the cap.

In terms of size, it is comparable to the Aurora 88, as shown in one of the pictures.

The celluloid is beautiful consisting of brown, black, and orange highlights. The orange really shines in the right light. Reminds me a bit of the Arco orange celluloid by Omas.

The pen is a lever filler, it works. The sac appears to have been replaced with a new one. However, the lever filler does not squeeze the sac fully, therefore you do not get complete fill. What I recommend instead, is to simply screw off barrel from section and squeeze sac with fingers and then put it in the ink for complete fill. Very easy to do

The gold nib has a keyhole breather hole (similar to vintage Waterman nibs). It writes about a fine size. Very flexible! The tines open up under very little pressure, requires a soft touch in my opinion. I wouldnt recommend this nib for someone who is writes very heavy handed. And when flexing too fast, it will occasionally railroad. Take it slow and easy until you get the hang of the nib.

My biggest problem with this pen is that the nib is scratchy. Perhaps the tines need to be aligned, not quite sure. And also the occasional railroading from flexing.

Although the pen has some problems, there are some things that it has going for it:
Beautiful brown orange celluloid
Parker 51 style
flexible keyhole nib

Asking $79 + $5 for shipping
Pen will be shipped with USPS Priority Mail w/ tracking
Paypal, CONUS

Message me if interested

Thanks,

Asif

akafridi3
August 11th, 2015, 07:03 AM
sold