PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Federalist Pens and Paper!

Frank
August 11th, 2015, 10:13 PM
I am proud to announce my new pen store!

After selling on both the 'bay and pen forums for the past several years, I decided to "step up" by turning my hobby into a retail eCommerce site!
Federalist Pens and Paper is inspired by my love of pens and History! As some of you know, I am a teacher by profession. When deciding on the name of this store, I was working on a "Patriotic Theme". The store, and forum, are in a nice blue background to reflect that "Colonial Blue" feeling!

(In case you've been wondering about me....) I have been working on this project all year (even longer when you consider my earlier planning)! Do not let anyone tell you that starting an on-line store is easy... http://www.sparkimg.com/emoticons/wink.gif I bought the store domain and such in the Spring. I have spent most of the summer dealing with vendors and "stocking" the store. My goal was to have it open in July- a blog I posted on the site back in June reflected this start (June 22). Back Then, I thought I would be live in 2-3 weeks. Instead, we just went live over the weekend (Mid-August)!

Federalist Pens is an authorized dealer for the following products:
-Lamy
-Taccia
-Laban
-Monteverde
-Stipula
-Delta
-Conklin
-Private Reserve Inks
-Rhodia Paper
-Fiolofax Notebooks

The vendors I selected are based on both my personal belief in the product, as well as items I know that "Pen Friends" Like!
The store has just opened, and I am looking forward to my first show in DC this coming weekend! This is a growing process; with a little time and luck, we will be able to expand product and supply! I am there to help, and to support your needs! Feel free to leave your feedback here- let me know how it looks, and how you like the store!

Regards,
Frank
Federalist Pens and Paper 20707
866-746-4900
frank@federalistpensonline.com
Like us on Facebook! (Federalist Pens and Paper)

Haefennasiel
August 11th, 2015, 10:16 PM
Congratulations! Wishing you all the best! [emoji106]🏼

writingrav
August 12th, 2015, 05:04 AM
Good luck! I'll try to stop by and say hi in DC.

caribbean_skye
August 12th, 2015, 05:13 AM
Congrats and best of luck

chojo
August 12th, 2015, 09:30 AM
Here's wishing you the very best of luck for the future. Always good to see a new pen and paper store opening I just wish there were more in the UK!

sharmon202
August 12th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Good luck!

Frank
August 18th, 2015, 03:32 PM
My first pen show as Fed Pens was a big success!

Thank you to my "Pen Pals" for their encouragement, and support!
Looking forward to my next show! (Most likely Ohio in November)

My site is being restocked- check in for more info/specials!

Regards,
Frank

writingrav
August 18th, 2015, 06:30 PM

Regards,
Frank
Your table was so busy when I came by I didn't want to waste your time saying hello. Congratulations. See you in Philadelphia.

Frank
August 19th, 2015, 11:14 PM
I wish you had said "Hello" Ira!
Sorry I missed you! :-)

Thank You for stopping over- The show was great!
I will see you in DC!

Frank

Tracy Lee
August 22nd, 2015, 11:16 AM

Regards,
Frank
Well damn, totally missed this! Congrats and I am so happy the show was a big success for you.

mtnbiker62
August 22nd, 2015, 08:01 PM
Best wishes...hope everything works out for you!

Scrawler
August 23rd, 2015, 05:50 PM
Hey Frank, I am delighted to learn about your new venture. I am still enjoying the stuff I have bought from you over the years and I hope that everyone who is able supports your store.

Frank
August 23rd, 2015, 09:57 PM
Hey Frank, I am delighted to learn about your new venture. I am still enjoying the stuff I have bought from you over the years and I hope that everyone who is able supports your store.

Thank You Sir!!

:)

Frank
September 2nd, 2015, 10:27 AM
The Store has been restocked from the DC Show (Near) Sellout! ;-)

Our Lamy Stock is back, along with Taccia and Laban.
Look for generous store discounts on these items!

Right Now, every Taccia and Laban Pen model in stock is on sale!
Most models are discounted 20% or more! Also check on your favorite pen forum for additional discounts! (I have included 5% discounts for many forums with the proper "code") ;)

Thank you for your business! Thank you for making our first month online a success! Looking forward to seeing you there in the future!

Frank

Frank
September 15th, 2015, 09:46 PM
(Latest Blog Post at www.Federalistpensonline.com)

Greetings from "Federalist Pens and Paper"!

This article is in three parts- Compliance/Compliments/Clarification.
I have divided it into categories that are relevant, concise, and comforting.
This is to let both our current customers, and potential customers know that we are striving to make your shopping experience a pleasant experience!

Compliance- This October starts a new policy in regards to accepting credit cards at Point of Sale (P.O.S) environments. Stores that accept credit cards in person (Card Present) will need to have equipment that reads the new EMV ("Chip") cards. Online stores (Such as Fed Pens) that accept credit cards will have an easier transition, as Payment Gateways and Merchant Accounts will help with compliance. There are situations were some of these stores accept credit cards in a different P.O.S environment (i.e. In Person at a Pen Show). Both PayPal here, and Square Reader have developed new reader devices to meet this EMV requirement. Be assured that we have prepared for this change(We plan to be in Ohio this November with the new Square Reader!)!

Compliments- We have had some very positive feedback through social media, pen forums, and the DC Pen Show about our store. I want to thank you again for making our first month a very successful one! Our "Grand Opening" Sale continues- every pen in our store is discounted from the MSRP! Right now, Laban and Taccia pens are at least 25% off/Conklin, Delta, and Stipula Pens are at least 20% off/Monteverde Pens are at least 15% off/Lamy Pens are also discounted by at least 10%! Look on our homepage daily for the "Deal of The Day", a particular sale that may be discounted even further! Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Snapchat, and Instagram! (Still working on the last two! ;-) )

Clarification- I want to explain a couple of notes on the site. Yes, we do accept credit cards online. People have noticed that we accept PayPal/PayPal Now. You should know that you DO have a choice(Choose "Pay by Credit Card" at checkout). Our compliance information/certificate information is noted on the site.

When it is noted that items will "Ship To Order", this means the item(s) will be drop-shipped direct to you! You will not have to wait for the item to be re-stocked! One of the pen vendors does not offer drop-shipping, so it is noted that you need to contact us regarding item availability.

I work to be as straightforward as possible about the site, and what I can do to make it better for you! Your feedback is still welcome, and suggested! Let us know how we can make your shopping experience even better! Happy Shopping!

Regards,
Federalist Frank

Federalist@federalistpensonline.com