PDA

View Full Version : Montegrappa DC Comics Superman Edition

earthdawn
August 13th, 2015, 03:12 AM
Working on the review but am being interrupted by the DC Pen Show...

Thought I would share a picture of it here.

Pretty nice pen... at a pretty heavy price. BUT if you are all grown up and a super fan then this officially licensed pen from one of the top pen makers may be just for you.

Bogon07
August 13th, 2015, 05:04 PM
That blue has a retina burning intensity, complimented by the gold and red.
The Superman logo on the cap is a nice touch.

pengeezer
August 13th, 2015, 05:53 PM
I'll take the button next to Superman.....:)

John

ChrisC
August 13th, 2015, 06:41 PM
I'm with the Pen Economics blog...I honestly don't know how Montegrappa is successful. Almost nothing they make appeals to me. It all seems gaudy, overpriced, unergonomic, and so on. It doesn't tickle my fancy at all. But then again, neither do pumpernickel bagels or Dr. Pepper. Enough ppl like these things that they get made in the millions of units. There's the magic of the free market for you...a huge variety of tastes get satisfied.

Jon Szanto
August 13th, 2015, 06:48 PM
Looks like a toy.

Laura N
August 13th, 2015, 06:57 PM
I saw these in person at the Chicago Pen Show. They looked pretty nice in person, I thought.

I'm not into superheroes or whatever they are called, but I think it's nice to have pens that might appeal to fans of other things.

Robert
August 13th, 2015, 07:00 PM
I'm with the Pen Economics blog...I honestly don't know how Montegrappa is successful. Almost nothing they make appeals to me. It all seems gaudy, overpriced, unergonomic, and so on. It doesn't tickle my fancy at all. But then again, neither do pumpernickel bagels or Dr. Pepper. Enough ppl like these things that they get made in the millions of units. There's the magic of the free market for you...a huge variety of tastes get satisfied.

While the Superman pen is a bit over the top, I really like my Montegrappa Extra 1930 - - - I think it's a real classic, and a great writer.