PDA

View Full Version : Montblanc Meisterstuck Info

surfologist87
August 13th, 2015, 03:11 PM
I have inherited a Montblanc Meisterstuck rollerball a while back and it has been sitting around with a broken cap that needs to be repaired.
A few questions as to how to go about repairing the cap, and where would be the best place to go..

I am pretty confident that it is a real pen and not a knockoff, as I believe my father bought it from Montblanc years ago.
It needs a good polishing, so I will have to research a good way to clean it up. As you can see, the cap has multiple cracks, which I tried to repair, however it wasnt good enough. I just want to buy a new cap so that I can use it. Ive noticed a few replacement caps on eBay, and can imagine that wouldnt be a great idea considering one could be fake. I believe that I only need the cap itself, and not the clip or the snowy mountain top because those are in good shape.

I have the serial number if that would help with referencing the exact model, year etc. I was also interested in the value of the pen, but not interested in selling it.

Thank you for any information in advance!

20730207312073220733Hello All!

mhosea
August 13th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Maybe a Montblanc Classique 163? Those go for $120's if in good condition, so that one is worth considerably less. Call Montblanc and inquire about repair. From what I've heard, they have a tier of flat rates. People often talk about getting pens back that look like new. My understanding is that they will retain what's good and replace what's bad.

Chrissy
August 13th, 2015, 04:24 PM
It needs to go to Montblanc for a repair that will include replacement of the cap. It will be fully serviced and will come back looking like a new pen. I have been charged a level 1 service for this work, but I have recently been advised that service level quotes vary depending on whereabouts you are in the world

Your best option would be to send it directly to Hamburg. Their address is on the web-site. You need to choose Germany as your Country, then Kontakt to get the form with the address on it.

SFKenk
August 23rd, 2015, 10:56 PM
Hi Surfologist87,
I cannot tell if you are in the USA or not. Their USA Customer Service: For assistance please call the following number from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST Monday through Friday, 1-800-995-4810. Their service center is in Texas, although I believe you can drop your pen off at any MB Boutique store if more convenient.

My experience is with their fountain pens, and they do a great job, fixed cost is about $90. But, they replace ALL the plastic, only retaining the gold trim, clip, etc. If that's OK with you, by all means. You will get your pen back in excellent condition.
Ken

Chrissy
August 24th, 2015, 01:52 AM
I know of a Montblanc user who asked US Texas about a new cap for her 149 ,and she was quoted the level 3 service price which is actually the service price that includes a new 149 nib.

So that's why I suggested asking Hamburg directly.