PDA

View Full Version : What's this pen in this little movie?

Rich L
October 12th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Please take a look at the following video see if you can figure out what fountain pen this person is using. It's an interesting little video about some obscure "origami" and I found it doubly so because she is using a fountain pen.

The fountain pen part starts at about 3:34 into the movie. I don't know what the pen is but I might guess the nib would give a good hint.

http://www.wimp.com/morehexaflexagons/

Cheers,
Rich

fountainpenkid
October 13th, 2012, 05:53 AM
i think one of those chinese x-pens.

Rich L
October 13th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Interesting. I did some searching on that and although the nib design looks similar, I couldn't find anything with the same shape clip.

Probably not worth pursuing... Thanks.

Cheers,
Rich

Carole
October 13th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Interesting. I did some searching on that and although the nib design looks similar, I couldn't find anything with the same shape clip.

Probably not worth pursuing... Thanks.

Cheers,
Rich

Hi Rich---

She has a YouTube channel with this video---maybe you can ask her there and let us know? (Feynman 'flexagons', wow.) She's creating fascinating stuff, great find! Math and art and unique style. Thanks!

Rich L
October 13th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Well, 26 minutes ago someone beat me to it. "1Animeperson" -- is that you?

Carole
October 13th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Well, 26 minutes ago someone beat me to it. "1Animeperson" -- is that you?

No, I was hoping it was you! LOL Maybe you can get a reply from her for the Geeks' site, though! I hope you still post and ask her.

She might be interested to know that we're all waiting for this info! Seriously, I'd like to know, because I love the look of the pen. I thought it was something on e-bay, called ' a vintage-looking demonstrator', but
I don't think so. That large gold cap band should help us find it though.

I'm hoping you can email her, maybe that will be faster. Good luck, Rich! We're standing by! :cool:

Rich L
October 13th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Hey! You can ask, too! :)

Maja
October 14th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Sure looks like a Jinhao X450 to me....

Carole
October 14th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Sure looks like a Jinhao X450 to me....

Yes! (put Alex Trebek audio clip here) On my phone the nib is the size of an electron, but looks like the lava red one is available on ebay. Maja, you are fab. :rockon:

Rich L
October 14th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Excellent! Even though it's an inexpensive pen, thumbs up to her for using one.

Cheers,
Rich

Maja
October 15th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Yes! (put Alex Trebek audio clip here) On my phone the nib is the size of an electron, but looks like the lava red one is available on ebay. Maja, you are fab. :rockon:

Thankee, Carole! :o