PDA

View Full Version : Andy's pens?

Josephtibbetts
August 19th, 2015, 02:37 AM
Does anyone have experience with this shop in the UK?

The Good Captain
August 19th, 2015, 03:41 AM
Yes: I've had a couple of dealings with him and always great service and products. His prices are certainly competitive; well, here in the UK anyway.

alc3261
August 19th, 2015, 03:45 AM
+1 to that.

RuiFromUK
August 19th, 2015, 04:47 AM
I always get an excellent service from Andy.

fountainpagan
August 19th, 2015, 05:02 AM
Good service, correct prices, some exclusivities.

Good seller.

View from the Loft
August 19th, 2015, 06:17 AM
I echo the views posted above.

Josephtibbetts
August 19th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Awesome, thank you folks, I just ordered a /VERY/ special pen through Andy, so it should be here in a few weeks :D

heavyhorses
September 13th, 2015, 09:09 AM
I recently discovered that Andy's Pens is very close to me, and though I haven't had a chance to go in yet, the discussions I've had with him about having a problematic pen examined have been very helpful and encouraging. He's also offered to get in any pen that I'd like to try! Already impressed, and I'll report back more when I get a chance to go in person (if I emerge with any money left at all....)

sharmon202
September 13th, 2015, 04:41 PM
My experience was top notch.

brunico
September 13th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Yes, Andy's very pleasant to deal with, and very helpful.

amk
September 14th, 2015, 07:24 AM
I've dealt a couple of times (via email) without problems - including asking for one pen if I could have the swirliest acrylic he'd got in stock, and was very happy with the result. He's also very good on letting you know if, for instance, there are plans to introduce a new stub nib and it might be worth waiting a bit. Get the impression he knows his stuff.

Josephtibbetts
September 14th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Andy's pen is awesome. This is an amendment to my earlier post. They Rock!!

urushi4u
October 18th, 2017, 02:56 AM
I usually eek out the cheapest price when I'm buying my pens, and often this means buying offshore (I'm in the UK), however, every now and again over the years I've not been able to save by buying internationally and have always favored Andy's Pens as a supplier - he's in that sweet spot of being large enough to be able to stock and sell various big brands, but small enough to give great personal service.

For example, I've ordered a pen in the evening, then by morning decided I simply must also have an ink which he stocks (was cheapest in the UK for Sailor Sei-Boku at the time). I emailed him hoping I could add the ink into the same order to save on postage, and Andy emailed back within 10 minutes, said yes no problem, send me the cost of the ink via paypal. With a larger outfit who 'hide' behind their elaborate systems this would have invariably been a headache, if I'd even got an email back before my original order had been despatched. A small thing, but he just makes things easy.

I will always give Andy my business before anybody else in the UK.