PDA

View Full Version : Ink Review: Diamine Ultra Green

Chrissy
August 20th, 2015, 10:16 AM
My latest ink is Diamine Ultra Green. This is a bright 'grassy' type of green. It's very nicely balanced shade, not too much yellow and not too much blue. This one is brighter and lighter than Delamere Green and is very slightly less yellow than Woodland Green.

I filled my Pilot CH 92 with it over a week ago, but because it has a F nib, I have always found it a hard starting pen. It soon overcame that and wrote very well with Ultra Green.

The water test on the review form shows this isn't a waterproof ink but it shows there is some water resistance.
Bearing in mind the paper I use is thick with a shiny surface, and I used a F nib, this ink took 12-15 secs to dry.
It flows through the pen well and lubricates the nib well. Once I got the pen going I saw no skips or hard starts while I did swabs and dry time tests.
It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles, 30ml plastic refill bottles or cartridges.
Diamine (http://www.diamineinks.co.uk/) sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
It's a reasonable price

Morgaine
August 21st, 2015, 02:01 AM
This was in the first batch of Diamine inks I bought. I am happy with this shade but due to the temptation of Kelly Green and other colours (Steel Blue, ...) I haven't used it much recently. I used it in a letter to a friend who isn't a fan of green inks but did quite like this shade.

ac12
August 25th, 2015, 03:45 PM
It is one of my always inked inks. It is in a modern Skyline.
It is a really nice medium bright/cheerful green that does not burns your eyes.
Quite the opposite of the Diamine Sherwood Green which is more somber.
Speaking of, I need to go make an entry in my journal with the Ultra Green.