PDA

View Full Version : Year n' Half Later, 17 vintages, 12 moderns.

KBeezie
August 21st, 2015, 02:34 AM
The current collection. Not all boxes shown obviously, just what I thought would look nice in there.

The Capped pens are ones currently inked.
The Doric inside the clear case is that way because the barrel is cracked (need to send it off).

There's a couple in there that I'm selling as well (but I already have threads elsewhere for them).

Got 12 Moderns (post-70s), and 17 vintage (70s and before), a couple hover around the '75 point in regards to dating.

Larger resolution : http://i.imgur.com/WByeVTi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iFfSBZM.jpg

edit: the list of them I keep on my updated pastebin post to save typing. http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Wvgew3p5

dannzeman
August 21st, 2015, 09:55 AM
Impressive! Though I think you should double down on your efforts for the next year n' half. ;-)

KBeezie
August 21st, 2015, 02:02 PM
The Pens in order of appearance from left column to right.

Left Side starting with that Wahl-Eversharp at top left.

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline Classic (Modern), Blue with Palladium Cap, Steel Semi-Flex F~M ceramic-coated (requires pressure close to noodler's)
Mabie Todd N.Y. Swan 2 Self-Filling Pen (~1910s-1921), Black Chased Hard Rubber, no clip/ring/etc. 14K '2' Flexible Fine.
Pelikan P20 Silvexa FP+BP Set (1970s), 14K OB, brushed caps, cartridge pen (2x short international back to back). One of the pens I'm selling/trading.
Eversharp Skyline Standard (1940s), 14K Firm Fine, 1/10 14K Gold-Filled Cap, dark green body/section and cap dome. Also one I'm selling/trading.
Filcao Atlantica Standard, Pentrace Green (2004 LE), Sterling Silver cap band and end cap band, button filler. Schmidt Steel Medium (~ Western Fine).
Pilot Long Murex, Steel Integrated <F> Nib, October 1978, Hiratsuka Plant.
Pilot Metal Falcon, Brown, 14K Soft Extra-Fine, currently inked with Diamine Hope Pink in a Con-70 button filler.
Platinum Preppy 02/EF (Noodler's X-Feather) and 05/M (Noodler's Kung Te-Cheng). Electrical tape on the EF due to some cracks in cap lip that formed in less than a couple weeks.

Center, Starting with the deep blue Omas at top down to the 'Montblanc Repair Service' telescoping tube.

1992 Omas Europa Limited Edition (#2,454), Blue Vegetal Resin, Piston filler, 18K 2-tone Firm Fine. Another that I'm selling/trading.
2011 Omas 360 Blue with Rose Gold trim/nib. 18K Springy Extra-Fine. Cartridge/Converter.
Lamy Studio, Palladium, 14K Medium
Lamy 2000, post-2009, 14K Extra-Fine
Danitrio Mae West (Hyotan), Lacquered Ebonite, 18K 2-tone Jowo "T" Stub nib.
1950s Pelikan 140, Black with green ink window, Export model, soft/springy 14K Broad cursive italic, piston filler.
Wahl #2 (1920s), gold-filled body and cap, lever filler, 14K Wahl '2' Semi-flex needlepoint. Currently inked with R&K Scabiosa (Iron Gall)
Aurora Afrika Limited Edition (#1,765 of... 7,500 not very 'limited'), Piston filler, "Large" 18K Medium that writes like a western EF, very firm but has a nice pencil feedback that writes instantly. Currently inked with Tsuki-yo
Pelikan M640 Special Edition, Mount Everest, 18K 2-tone Medium. Piston Filler. Currently inked with Noodler's blue Steel.

Right Side in the tray down.

Mabie Todd (UK) Swan 205/60, 1930s, Black Chased Celluloid, 14k '2' Semi-flex EF
Parker 75 Cisele, 14K '63' EF, Sterling Silver cap/body.
1956 Pelikan 400NN, Green Striped, Piston Filler, 14K Semi-Flex EF with a hard rubber nib/feed collar instead of steel/plastic
1953-57 Eversharp Slim Ventura 'Burp', 1/10 14K Gold-Filled cap and barrel, Aerometric/Squeeze filler, 14K Firm (very smooth) F~M, with XXF on the flip side.
Eversharp Skyline Standard (1940s), Black with 1/10 14K Gold-Filled Cap, 14K Semi-Flex EF , the same nib shown on the top right for the August cover image.
Eversharp Skyline Standard (1940s), Red/White (changed to green) striated celluloid cap, Navy Blue Body/Dome (aka "Army-Navy configuration"), 14K ~Flexible Fine.
Montblanc 225 (1970s), Platinated Cap, Black Body, Platinum coated 14K Firm-but-Smooth XXF, piston filler
Montblanc 221 (1980s?), Cartridge/Converter, 14K Very-springy Fine.
Wahl-Oxford (1930s), Black/White Striped Celluloid Lever Filler, 14K Springy-to-Semi-Flex 'warranted' EF nib.
First-Year Sheaffer Snorkel Sentinel with a 14K Gold Snorkel Tube. 2-tone 14K EF Triumph Nib. Grey Body
Eversharp Doric in Kashmir, Lever Filler, 14K #3 Adjustable flex nib., unfortunately the barrel cracked in shipping on the way back from tuning, so it needs to go back out for mending.

Impressive! Though I think you should double down on your efforts for the next year n' half. ;-)

Double down? Like more of em? :P I was planning not going too much higher on the count and maybe trade around to more unique-to-me vintages.

KBeezie
August 21st, 2015, 03:47 PM
This is what happens when someone asks for my "particular" favorites...

Click for larger resolution.
http://i.imgur.com/ebhPEXTh.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/ebhPEXT.jpg)

Bold2013
August 21st, 2015, 07:25 PM
What do you think of the Danitrio?