PDA

View Full Version : Info about Montblanc Monterosa 042G and Reform 4C - 585

Maro
August 21st, 2015, 05:20 PM
Since this is my first post here, i want to say hello to everyone here. So, i have these two fountain pens my father left me, Montblanc Monterosa 042G and Reform 4C - 585. I don't use them and they were just siting in a drawer for years. I don't plan on using them so i thought maybe they are worth at least something. So i hope any of you people can have some info about these pens, their value (if there is any worth since they are not in mint condition), maybe someone can refer me to a buyer, or a web site where they buy used fountain pens. And they don't have a box, only black zipper case. Here are some images:

Montblanc

Reform

Any info will be appreciated, thanks.

jar
August 21st, 2015, 08:26 PM
They were both nice German student pens of the period and have great sentimental value if not very much monetary value. Clean them up and give them a try. Use water at first to check for leaks and function but then try some fountain pen ink. Parker, Waterman or Sheaffer inks would be good first choices.

And Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

Maro
August 22nd, 2015, 05:46 AM
Well the "selling them" idea now goes in the trash bin :). Another person here gave me in PM some very good info about these pens, and i see now its not worth bothering selling them. I didn't planed on using them, but i may try to use them for a while just for the fun. They both work, only the Reform's nib has little deformation on the writhing tip. Anyway, thank you for the tips.