PDA

View Full Version : eBay seller annoyance

Empty_of_Clouds
August 22nd, 2015, 05:39 PM
Nothing

Jon Szanto
August 22nd, 2015, 06:20 PM
Good that you nailed the first person, that kind of crap is uncalled for. It's a crapshoot out there.

lsmith42
August 22nd, 2015, 06:54 PM
What kind of crap IS called for, just for reference?

tandaina
August 22nd, 2015, 07:08 PM
Well, it's been one of those days.

I made a random purchase on a pen - yeah, it was too good to let pass, even though I wasn't particularly interested in purchasing anything else. The seller cancelled the sale AFTER I had paid for everything, and then immediately re-listed it. At which point 2 bidders jumped in and started raising the price. no explanation was given for the cancellation, and no dialogue was enjoined. So, for the first time ever I have reported member and given negative feedback. I'm not happy about doing this but feel I must. The seller has now written to me to give me some cock and bull story about how these pens were part of a trade and how he needs more money from the sale to make his non-eBay trade work. Like that has any bearing on the transaction between me and him.

A lot of the time I let people get away with poor behaviour. Not this time. Complaint made, seller should hang head in shame.

Then I asked a seller in Canada if they wouldn't mind shipping 8 dip nibs to me - say in a padded envelope - and they refused on the grounds of bad experiences with things getting 'lost' in the mail. I get that, I really do, but this lot of nibs cost TWO CANADIAN DOLLARS! I cannot for the life of me imagine a buyer desperately trying to hustle for two measly dollars. I mean, really!

Good. Off my chest now.

I hope he gets nailed. I wasn't aware a seller *could* cancel a transaction after the auction had closed and the buyer had paid. :\

KBeezie
August 22nd, 2015, 07:10 PM
I hate sellers like that, they don't want to pay a fee for reserve price, so they think they can just cancel and bump it. Seen a couple do it a few times in a row, hard to prove unless you're the winner of the auction.

Jon Szanto
August 22nd, 2015, 07:13 PM

Yours. ;)

KrazyIvan
August 22nd, 2015, 07:14 PM
I've been the seller and the buyer begs to cancel. Annoying as heck.

KBeezie
August 22nd, 2015, 07:29 PM
You know, if the seller had contacted me and had a conversation I more than likely would have been sympathetic; but he didn't, so I am not. Not this time.

Communication is key.

lowks
August 22nd, 2015, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=Cryptos;142966]Well, it's been one of those days.
I hope he gets nailed. I wasn't aware a seller *could* cancel a transaction after the auction had closed and the buyer had paid. :\

Me too

lowks
August 22nd, 2015, 08:22 PM

Question: When the highest bidder cancel does the item automatically goes to the next one in line ?

mhosea
August 22nd, 2015, 09:24 PM

Question: When the highest bidder cancel does the item automatically goes to the next one in line ?

No, but eBay provides the seller the option of giving that bidder a "Second Chance Offer" to potentially make the sale. Having not issued one, I do not know what freedom the seller has to set the second-chance price. It seems common, at least, that it is set as the second-place bidder's ultimate bid. This is somewhat controversial among buyers since the buyer's maximum is now laid bare only as the result of a 3rd party who has not acted honorably. A more fair second chance offer would be the penultimate bidder's lowest bid that exceeded all others.

At any rate, the seller may choose to relist at no cost.

Farmboy
August 22nd, 2015, 09:38 PM

After the plumbing has been backed up for a few days any kind no matter the size is usually welcome.

Chrissy
August 23rd, 2015, 01:55 AM
Technically sellers can't cancel a transaction after an auction has closed and the buyer has paid. It's a serious infringement of ebay policy called 'seller non-performance.'

However, there is very little you can do because you can't force a seller to send you an item that you've paid for. So the best you can do is to report them to ebay for non-performance and leave them negative feedback. This is one good example where negative feedback is justified.

This once happened to me. I won an auction for a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes, but they hadn't reached a high enough price for the seller, so she refused to send them and refunded my money. She was reported to ebay for non-performance and received negative feedback. But what else can you do? If they ever get to a point where they behave like this 3 times, then they get an automatic ban, so reporting them and leaving them negative feedback will work eventually.

Chrissy
August 23rd, 2015, 01:57 AM

It does if the buyer has agreed to receive ebay 'second chance offers.'

The seller has no option to set a different auction price. If he sends a second chance offer to the second bidder in line, then it goes at the price that bidder bid.

Cob
August 23rd, 2015, 03:07 AM

Yes, whilst the auction is still running. After it has closed the next bidder may receive a second-chance offer.

Cob