PDA

View Full Version : A replacement converter needed

Freddy
October 14th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Does anyone know if the current Sheaffer piston fill converter will fit my old Imperial? The pen came with a button filler that is completely shot now. I purchased this pen new sometime in the late 1960s or very early 1970s.

1343 1344

jar
October 14th, 2012, 03:42 PM
A qualified "maybe". Some of the Imperials will use the piston converter, but the old squeeze converter will almost assuredly fit.

Freddy
October 14th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks, jar. Of course, I'd most like a button filler converter to bring the pen back to the way it was when I purchased it. However, I cannot imagine even a NOS button filler converter having a viable sac in it.

jar
October 14th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Thanks, jar. Of course, I'd most like a button filler converter to bring the pen back to the way it was when I purchased it. However, I cannot imagine even a NOS button filler converter having a viable sac in it.

Teri at Peyton Street often has the button converters

Freddy
October 14th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Teri at Peyton Street often has the button converters

Thanks for the tip, jar. From looking on the Peyton Street site, the modern piston converter will fit my pen. While I would like the original button filler, I'm not sure I can justify the difference in price (almost 2½ times more for the button fill converter). Hmmm, decisions, decisions. http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr285/croatoan5376/Emoticons/smiley_emoticons_confused.gif

whych
April 30th, 2013, 04:16 AM
I think they came with either the button or squeeze converter, just depends on when the pen was made.
I have had NOS pens with button converters that don't work, so squeeze will probable last longer.
The new piston one is the way to go for longevity and reliability. It also has the advantage that you can see how much ink is left.

Has anyone tried to resac the button converter?