PDA

View Full Version : Leuchtturm 1917 dot

Rsmith
October 14th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Anyone used this one?

Newjelan
October 15th, 2012, 03:28 AM
I'm currently using the A5 Dot version with a "Cornflower blue" hardcover and next will be a Red A4 Master Dot. I love them and am a convert. I love the texture of the paper which in the A5 is thinner stock than the Rhodia. There is some show through but I like it as it's not too noticeable. The only inks I've noticed bleed through are Noodlers Bay State Blue in Med TWSBI 540 (not happening with a M Preppy & BSB) and also a little with my Visconti Van Gogh Maxi (B) which is very wet, using Kweco Brown (very dark). I've used Diamine, J Herbin, Visconti, Platinum and Iroshizuku inks with Medium, Italic and Music nibs without any problems and I like strong, saturated inks.

KrazyIvan
October 15th, 2012, 08:29 AM
I don't like how they market their "Ink Proof" paper with a fountain pen logo but according to Brian Goulet's intro video on the brand, they really don't mean that it is fountain pen friendly? That was the main reason I bought one. I was disappointed. Yes, you can adjust your pen/ink combo to make it work better for you but that is not the point of having an "ink proof" notebook.

inky
October 15th, 2012, 08:44 AM
I like the pricepoints of the different notebooks in their series but I don't think I'll buy one based on the bleedthough. I don't mind bleedthrough in a small field notes type notebook that I'm just listing stuff in, but a journal is another matter. With how infrequently I have to buy notebooks, I will stick with either the Habana or Webbie. I do like the look of the hardbound "Master" journal though. I would think one would feel like they really accomplished somthing if they filled that one out!

Newjelan
October 26th, 2012, 03:09 AM
I'm now on my second one and limited bleed through. I get a little with my very wet, B nibbed Visconti Van Gogh Maxi and my Faber Castell with a wet B nib and saturated inks. Even so, it's not so bad that I can't use the reverse side of the page (which I always do).

halidak
November 18th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Anyone used this one?

Hi,
I've just posted a review for both Master and Medium Leuchtturm1917 journals. I think you can find an answer for your question there.
Leuchtturm1917 Master & Medium Journals Review (with Rhodia Webnotebook comparisons) (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/1461-Leuchtturm1917-Master-amp-Medium-Journals-Review-%28with-Rhodia-Webnotebook-comparisons%29)

xewepi714
May 24th, 2023, 08:19 AM
Similarly, if there are unforeseen issues with the property, such as a broken elevator or a construction delay, the moving company may need to adjust its plans accordingly. Auto Transport Rates Bedford County, Tennessee (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIfapMwa6uY)

INeedAFinancialAdvisor
May 24th, 2023, 09:15 AM
Similarly, if there are unforeseen issues with the property, such as a broken elevator or a construction delay, the moving company may need to adjust its plans accordingly. Auto Transport Rates Bedford County, Tennessee (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIfapMwa6uY)

Still a fucking loser i see.