PDA

View Full Version : Edison 2015 Limited Edition Collier

Josephtibbetts
August 26th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Who got it? And who wants it? What do you guys think of it? Do you think it's worth the asking price? I know I did, that's why I ordered it xD But I'd be interested to hear what you guys think.

KrazyIvan
August 26th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Is it worth it? Yes. You are getting as close as you can get to a custom Edison without the custom price tag. I have 2 Edisons, one of them an LE version.

Josephtibbetts
August 26th, 2015, 04:13 PM
I now have three, two of them being colliers, one being this LE. I cannot wait to get it in hand.

Laura N
August 26th, 2015, 04:32 PM
It's a beautiful acrylic.

gwgtaylor
August 26th, 2015, 07:35 PM
This will be my seventh Edison. Very excited

Josephtibbetts
August 26th, 2015, 08:03 PM
This will be my seventh Edison. Very excited

I'm actually in talks with Brian right now about a very unique pen design. We'll see if it comes to light.

fly_us
August 26th, 2015, 08:38 PM
very nice pen indeed. Temping, temping.

inklord
August 26th, 2015, 09:10 PM
Well, it's a Collier, and therefore an extraordinary design, unless you HAVE to post your pen (which it doesn't). Like all Edisons, it comes with a JoWo nib, which some love (self) and some hate (actually, what I really love about them is their feed); and it can be eyedropper filled, if you are a real inkhog (I am, and therefore do). And you get an LE (only 150 made, other than a few real custom ones) with a gorgeous, normally 'custom only' resin for a mere $10 surcharge... What's not to like?

Josephtibbetts
August 26th, 2015, 09:25 PM
Well, it's a Collier, and therefore an extraordinary design, unless you HAVE to post your pen (which it doesn't). Like all Edisons, it comes with a JoWo nib, which some love (self) and some hate (actually, what I really love about them is their feed); and it can be eyedropper filled, if you are a real inkhog (I am, and therefore do). And you get an LE (only 150 made, other than a few real custom ones) with a gorgeous, normally 'custom only' resin for a mere $10 surcharge... What's not to like?

I agree entirely, that's why, as soon as I saw it, I snapped it up.

TSherbs
August 27th, 2015, 06:31 AM

I would like an Edison someday (I have never paid this much for a pen), but this acrylic is not dazzling enough for me to fork out this much for a stock nib pen. So, again, I am passing. Good things come to those who wait.

amk
August 27th, 2015, 10:08 AM
I am so glad to find out I'm not the only addict who pressed the 'buy' button as soon as I became aware of the offer. This will be my third Collier - I love the design; it's girthy, colourful, and relatively light for its size, and I've never had an Edison that didn't write well.

In terms of value, the premium of the LE to the regular Collier doesn't seem much considering the small size of the edition. (Buying from The Writing Desk, in the UK.)

Josephtibbetts
August 27th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Well... my pen is currently on a bit of a road trip... Brian and Lisa Anderson have it with them. xD As it was one of those they had hoped to sell at the San Fran Show. I've been assured it's been set aside though, so that is a bit of a relief.