PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Ink Display!

Emma
August 26th, 2015, 11:31 PM
I finally got the nerve to stop babying them and put them out where I can enjoy them! Plus I can find them more easily than in their old box (which they were getting too numerous to fit into!).

Newjelan
August 27th, 2015, 01:28 AM
Nice display, thanks.

I'm moving house in November/December and have decided to display my inks after I move. I had them on display at my current house but needed to save space, so currently they're in their boxes. But I can't "see" them in the boxes.

Your pics have made me realise I also need to do a pen display as well. Exciting!

caribbean_skye
August 27th, 2015, 05:18 AM
looks good Emma. Do you mind my asking what the inks are on the second shelf in the back to the right of the 3 small iroshizuku bottles.

Emma
August 27th, 2015, 11:44 AM
looks good Emma. Do you mind my asking what the inks are on the second shelf in the back to the right of the 3 small iroshizuku bottles.
You caught me- those are actually Iroshizuku inks, but their bottles have a bad habit of sticking for me, so I bought some glass bottles off amazon to hold them. Good eye!

VertOlive
August 27th, 2015, 04:22 PM
What a nice collection you've got there--well done!

Bogon07
August 27th, 2015, 05:14 PM
A very nice display of your inks. Reminds me of a cocktail cabinet with whiskeys and mixers on show from the 1920-50s.
I couldn't bring myself to do that now as I would then have to count how many inks I have.

You seem to have plenty of samples too.

Do your favourites migrate to the top tray ?

Emma
August 27th, 2015, 05:53 PM
A very nice display of your inks. Reminds me of a cocktail cabinet with whiskeys and mixers on show from the 1920-50s.
I couldn't bring myself to do that now as I would then have to count how many inks I have.

You seem to have plenty of samples too.

Do your favourites migrate to the top tray ?
I have 81 inks, which I am ashamed to admit because I've also never used up an entire bottle! Their level of prominence depends entirely on how cool I think the bottle looks, not how much I like them. I love various ones from different brands, but I didn't want to split the brands up!

caribbean_skye
August 27th, 2015, 06:23 PM
You caught me- those are actually Iroshizuku inks, but their bottles have a bad habit of sticking for me, so I bought some glass bottles off amazon to hold them. Good eye!

oh okay. I just thought the bottles looked cool

FredRydr
August 29th, 2015, 08:47 AM
I don't display my inks. They are kept in an artist's box in a closet. Here's what half the box looks like.

Fred

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-akH93AL6Dbg/Vd9fYp7ZPOI/AAAAAAAAI5Q/DzFatM2fAns/s800-Ic42/2015_08_27_15_04_57.jpg

inklord
August 29th, 2015, 08:32 PM
I don't display my inks. They are kept in an artist's box in a closet. Here's what half the box looks like.

Fred

That's how mine looked until a few weeks ago - except that I favor De Atramentis bottles :) Now they're all in a nice shelve with 4"x4" cubbyholes! And I like your labeling - this way you can find inks in a box or drawer when you're looking down on them...