PDA

View Full Version : Waterman South Seas Blue?

Saintpaulia
October 14th, 2012, 07:16 PM
I can't figure out what is going on with Waterman South Seas Blue. It isn't offered by alot of the typical on-line dealers in a bottle, whereas one place had it on offer in a cartirdge. Reviews of it seem to indicate it was common a couple of years ago but I don't see it mentioned in any newer posts.

So is it still being made? Did Waterman change its name and now it is still available but not under that name? or ? If it is still available in bottle form where do you buy it?

Thank you!

FP_GaF
October 14th, 2012, 10:47 PM
As far as I know Waterman has changed the names. What used to be South Seas Blue is now called Inspired Blue. Just like Florida Blue is now Serenity Blue. So, the ink is still available but under a different name. At least this is my understanding.

snedwos
October 15th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Yeah, waterman has given them silly names now. "Absolute" Brown? What does that mean? Is there such a thing as "Relative" Brown?

KrazyIvan
October 15th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Yup. If you look at the Goulet's swab shop you will see the old name and the new name on the swab.

Freddy
October 15th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Just wondering, is anyone happy with the name changes of Waterman ink colors or do most of you think they are just plain ridiculous (and unnecessary).

KrazyIvan
October 15th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I think the package update was good but the name changes just cause confusion.

Saintpaulia
October 15th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Don't go so far as "ridiculous" (altho' close) but definitely unnecessary, as is much change today. People in a bureacracy, either private or public, justifying their jobs by changing things that are NOT in need of any, so they can show that they are "doing something". Look at eBay.