PDA

View Full Version : NEW INK REVIEW: Diamine Shimmertastic Shimmering Seas

Chrissy
August 27th, 2015, 04:44 PM
Following on from my thread announcing the launch of Diamine Shimmertastic inks I am happy to post my reviews of them.

Please note: The vagaries of my printer/iMac combination mean that my white Xerox paper doesn't show up as white on scans, so I have had to make the background white. Unfortunately some loops didn't change.

This ink is Shimmering Seas. This ink is blue-black with a great gold sheen.

My reviews show you my experiences with these inks in several of my pens. I’ve experimented by having these inks in my pens for weeks, and have intermittently written with them to see how they start, and how they write. I must say I’m pleasantly surprised. I’ve experienced no feathering with any of them, and they have all behaved really well for me.

Diamine recommend that you gently agitate the bottle to mix the particles through the ink before filling your pen. They also recommend that you gently agitate your pen to mix the particles with the ink in your pen when starting a new writing session.

I recommend good FP maintenance when using an ink that contains particles. I suggest you clean your pens out a little more frequently than you might do with normal ink.

These inks will come in 50ml glass bottles, and they have either gold or silver particles in them.

Laura N
August 27th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Another gorgeous one.

Great reviews, Chrissy. Thank you for these. You deserve a round of applause.

Robert
August 27th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the review. This ink is now on my "want to try" list.

Wile E Coyote
August 27th, 2015, 06:41 PM
You are such an enabler.

tandaina
August 27th, 2015, 06:41 PM
Oh thank God this one I can skip for a few months since it's sorta close to the J. Hebrin I just got. :P Because frankly I want most of the rest of them.

Sailor Kenshin
August 27th, 2015, 06:58 PM
This and Shadow...those are MINE, lol.