PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Bakersfield, California

mrgdr
October 15th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Hello All,

I've been involved in online forums for auto enthusiasts for many years. Not sure why I'm only just now getting around to joining FPG. I actively collected fountain pens and sets for about 11 of the past 17 years until a corporate merger/acquisition challenged my available discretionary income. Since then, purchases have been minimal but I still enjoy "window shopping" and my collection of Pelikans, Montblancs, Parkers, Deltas, Viscontis, Auroras, Conway-Stewarts, Watermans et al, is intact and much-loved. Perhaps now that I've reached a transitional stage of life, an inky deity will smile upon me once again and new additions may be possible. In any event, I'm happy to be a part of the FPG community. Cheers!

jar
October 15th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell while you tell us about your pens.

KrazyIvan
October 15th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Welcome to the board and the dark side. It sounds like you have a pretty nice collection. We will wait for pictures. :)

writingrav
October 15th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Welcome aboard!

mrgdr
October 15th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell while you tell us about your pens.

Thanks very much!

mrgdr
October 15th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Welcome to the board and the dark side. It sounds like you have a pretty nice collection. We will wait for pictures. :)

Thank you! I'll have to dig around and resurrect some images - I thought I had a pic of my last purchase, a local antique store buy - a mid-20's marbled green Parker Duofold Jr. desk set, but it's not on my BlackBerry. :(

mrgdr
October 15th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Welcome aboard!

Thanks! Great to be here.

auto winder
October 15th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Welcome! :)

Sent from my U8860

mrgdr
October 15th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Welcome! :)

Sent from my U8860

Thank you!

Bogon07
October 18th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Mrgdr hi and welcome to the forum.
Sad to hear another story of working getting in the way of (FP) life.

mrgdr
October 18th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Mrgdr hi and welcome to the forum.
Sad to hear another story of working getting in the way of (FP) life.

Thanks, Bogon07! Indeed - I'm grateful for having had the opportunity to assemble my collection and am fortunate enough to have been able to accomplish a mid-life career change without any material loss. Things are different but I believe all things happen for a reason and in this case, although it was painful at the time, it turned out for the best.

dannzeman
October 18th, 2012, 08:57 PM
We're happy to have you here! You'll definitely have to show off that collection. Always interested in seeing what other people are into.

mrgdr
October 18th, 2012, 09:39 PM
We're happy to have you here! You'll definitely have to show off that collection. Always interested in seeing what other people are into.

Glad to be here, thanks! I'll find a few photos to post. Any recommendations as to the appropriate forum area to do that? Where is the best place to outline a collection? Should I break it up and post into the brands area or is right here OK?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

fountainpenkid
October 22nd, 2012, 03:49 PM
Welcome!

mrgdr
October 22nd, 2012, 04:18 PM
Welcome!

Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Rsmith
October 28th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Howdy from Texas. Welcome to geekdom.

babbaboooey
November 2nd, 2012, 06:23 PM
Would be very interested in the viscontis. Dont have any yet. Like the starry night though. Thats on my list. Welcome to the clan.