PDA

View Full Version : NEW INK REVIEW: Diamine Shimmertastic Ink Red Lustre

Chrissy
August 27th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Following on from my thread announcing the launch of Diamine Shimmertastic inks (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/13059-Diamine-announce-their-10-new-Shimmertastic-Inks!!!!?p=143455#post143455), I am happy to post my reviews of them.

This one is Red Lustre This ink is bright red with a great gold sheen

My reviews show you my experiences with these inks in several of my pens. I’ve experimented by having these inks in my pens for weeks, and have intermittently written with them to see how they start, and how they write. I must say I’m pleasantly surprised. I’ve experienced no feathering with any of them, and they have all behaved really well for me.

Diamine recommend that you gently agitate the bottle to mix the particles through the ink before filling your pen. They also recommend that you gently agitate your pen to mix the particles with the ink in your pen when starting a new writing session.

I recommend good FP maintenance when using ink that contains particles. I suggest you clean your pens out a little more frequently than you might do with normal ink.

These inks will come in 50ml glass bottles, and they have either gold or silver particles in them.

Laura N
August 27th, 2015, 05:19 PM
Pretty!

TerraNoir
August 28th, 2015, 07:26 AM
I think I may be doomed. I love Red Dragon. Add sheen to it...I may be broke this year after all.

FredRydr
December 9th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Thank you, Chris. Just in time for Christmas.

Fred

Chrissy
December 14th, 2015, 03:25 AM
Thank you, Chris. Just in time for Christmas.

Fred

You're welcome. :) A good choice.