PDA

View Full Version : My Monteverde Invincia from Fountain Pen Hospital

Freddy
October 16th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Last week I saw that The Fountain Pen Hospital was offering the Monteverde Invincia Avenger in yellow for only $39.00. It was a very short sale and they sold out quickly. The fine nib that I wanted was sold out but I did manage to get one with a stub. Here are a few photos. I cannot wait to play with it but have a guest arriving from the Midwest shortly so inking the pen may not happen right away. Oh well, as Carly Simon sang, "Anticipation..." :D

Saintpaulia
October 16th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I've always thought yellow pens were cool. In fact I have one, my Sheaffer 1960s era Student.

Freddy
October 16th, 2012, 05:37 PM
The yellow is definitely eye catching and I really like it. Also, the pen is more substantial (heavier) than I was expecting so I'll have to see whether I want to use it posted or unposted. As a general rule I tend to post my pens but I have made exceptions in the past.

FLJeepGuy
October 17th, 2012, 05:13 AM
I have an Invicia Stealth Stylus with the 1.1mm stub. It's a really smooth, reliable writer. The cap is vented from somewhere under the clip and I do have problems with the nib/feed drying out overnight. It takes a moment or two to get it going each day, after that, it's an excellent writer. Keep in mind the stub will lay down quite a bit of ink, so a converter fill goes fairly quickly.

I was at work when the ad for FPH's Invincia sale came out and by the time I could get to the website, they were already sold out. I would have loved to get the yellow to go along with my black.

jtballistic
October 17th, 2012, 06:18 AM
I have an Invicia Stealth Stylus with the 1.1mm stub. It's a really smooth, reliable writer. The cap is vented from somewhere under the clip and I do have problems with the nib/feed drying out overnight. It takes a moment or two to get it going each day, after that, it's an excellent writer. Keep in mind the stub will lay down quite a bit of ink, so a converter fill goes fairly quickly.

I was at work when the ad for FPH's Invincia sale came out and by the time I could get to the website, they were already sold out. I would have loved to get the yellow to go along with my black.

I have the same problem with my Invincias, but once it gets going it is a smooth wet nib. It seems to like the Private Reserve Plumb or Noodler's Red Rattler more than any of my other inks.

KrazyIvan
October 17th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Invincia Stealth with the 1.1 stub here. I can't use it posted. I think the finish on the barrel will scratch off if you post so not a problem for me.

inky
October 17th, 2012, 02:15 PM
That is a nice looking pen. I didn't know how I would feel about a Yellow pen but the black nib and accents just set that pen off. I may have to start paying attention to that color now!

KrazyIvan
October 17th, 2012, 03:02 PM
It's the Bumblebee of the fountain pen world.