PDA

View Full Version : Modern M600 With BROWN TORTOISE

ChrisC
September 7th, 2015, 07:41 AM
The beloved brown tortoise Pelikan DOES exist in M600 size!! Pelikan, please please please please release this for the EU and US!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Pelikan-M600-K600-brown-striped-tortoise-2pcs-set-Only-sold-in-Japan-/262038469025?hash=item3d02b5b9a1

Dreck
September 7th, 2015, 11:44 AM
That is one sexy pen!

Laura N
September 7th, 2015, 11:52 AM
You know, I'm fine with Pelikan not releasing this. All 2015 money has been spent. :)

Neo
September 7th, 2015, 12:40 PM
You know, I'm fine with Pelikan not releasing this. All 2015 money has been spent. :)

If only someone has tomorrow's lottery numbers....

Hawk
September 7th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Expensive, even if one got the base bid.

ChrisC
September 7th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Also, I'm imagining Pelikan will eventually release this pen for the wider market. After which, I think the price of the M600 Brown Tortoise would go from the 850 odd that he's asking down to 300ish, same price as the Pelikan cities series pens.

fly_us
September 7th, 2015, 10:49 PM
Even that i love the tortoise color, but i just pretend that i never see it due to the price :D

Laura N
September 8th, 2015, 10:54 AM
You know, after thinking it over, I realize I'm not that excited about brown tortoise. I mean, it's very nice. It's tasteful. But I don't really adore even my vintage 400 brown tortoise. I prefer the ones in fun colors.

Okay, I'll go sit over in that corner, alone. :)

Dreck
September 8th, 2015, 07:54 PM
You know, after thinking it over, I realize I'm not that excited about brown tortoise. I mean, it's very nice. It's tasteful. But I don't really adore even my vintage 400 brown tortoise. I prefer the ones in fun colors.

Okay, I'll go sit over in that corner, alone. :)

Tortoise-shell and brown aren't fun colors? That's most of my pens (except for the plain black ones).

GuttSchrift
February 6th, 2016, 05:55 PM
I could see this being reissued for a wider market, or a return of the m400 in brown tortoise. I had one early on in my collecting, but it had a difficult nib and I sold it. I feel like kicking myself now since I got it for a song and when I do see them come around its a price above what I'm willing to pay.

Lady Onogaro
February 6th, 2016, 07:27 PM
It doesn't matter how pretty it is--it's not in my future.

bluefeathers
February 7th, 2016, 08:48 AM
If Pelikan released an M600 brown tortoise, I would buy it in a split second! I already have a modern style m400 in brown tortoise from the 90s (with double rings), so unfortunately I can't justify buying the new rumored m400 release--even if the tortoise is slightly different. I personally doubt they will release an m600 in this color--they would have done it already. Why? Who knows, maybe they like to torture us!!

Dreck
February 7th, 2016, 02:37 PM
It doesn't matter how pretty it is--it's not in my future.

I hear you, Lady. As beautiful as it may be, paying that kind of money for a pen no longer borders on insanity--it crosses the line. Of course, I don't understand how people can pay hundreds of thousands of dollars on a car, either. I understand that increased functionality and quality come at a price, but there must be a law of diminishing returns that applies where the increase in cost is no longer logically sustained by the function or quality. Will a $100 pen write better than my $20 Noodler's? Probably, but my $20 pen functions perfectly well, and I cannot imagine enhancements in functionality that would be worth quintupling the price. Would a $50,000 Mercedes SUV ride better than my $5,000 Chevy Blazer? Probably, but it's nothing more to me than a means to get reliably and comfortably from point A to point B, and jacking up the price tenfold will not enhance my driving experience sufficiently to be worth the difference. On the other hand, when I needed a reliable sheath knife, I bought one that might be considered a little pricey at about $110, but this is an item to which I am trusting my life. The increased reliability and quality (in addition to the unlimited, no-questions-asked, lifetime warranty) made it an easy decision. People have the right to spend what they earn in whatever way they see fit, but I can't fathom such vanity, frivolity, or ostentatiousness.

fountainpenkid
February 9th, 2016, 12:23 PM
Who wants a modern brown tortoise model??? The barrel coloring pales in comparison to the vintage pens, as does the design, the piston, the nib....

bluesea
February 10th, 2016, 08:09 PM
Who wants a modern brown tortoise model??? The barrel coloring pales in comparison to the vintage pens, as does the design, the piston, the nib....

Seriously.

I like mango pudding
February 10th, 2016, 11:15 PM
I want M1000 tortoise!!!!!
I know we talked about this in another post but I still wAnt one made.

fountainpenkid
February 11th, 2016, 09:08 PM

Seriously.

The part I especially don't understand is why they choose to use the material they use, when they are perfectly capable of making something closer to the original (ahem...Pelikan m101n red tortoise, whose binde, if cut into strips, would be much closer in appearance to the vintage tortoises).