PDA

View Full Version : Parker 45 Desk set at an estate sale

sharmon202
September 13th, 2015, 07:05 AM
Found this at an estate sale. Not great shape but looks like it will write, blue ink that was easy easy clean up. Original box & papers.

pajaro
September 13th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Desk pens can be a lot of fun to use. I hope you enjoy it.

Lady Onogaro
September 13th, 2015, 01:20 PM
That's a really nice set. I have one just like it and use it on my desk at school.

sharmon202
September 13th, 2015, 04:40 PM
I did not get all the polish off the base before I took the picture. Was in a hurry to share I guess. I really do not have room for it on my desk. Guess I will put it on another shelf, un-inked, and wait for a new desk. Tines may need aligned and I cannot do that.

pajaro
September 14th, 2015, 12:15 PM
I did not get all the polish off the base before I took the picture. Was in a hurry to share I guess. I really do not have room for it on my desk. Guess I will put it on another shelf, un-inked, and wait for a new desk. Tines may need aligned and I cannot do that.

I have several Parker 51, 21 and Sheaffer Imperial desk sets. I place them around the house and have at least one in the basement and both floors. I don't use them a lot, but I use them. Tine alignment is something you can figure out with help from the different forums here. You need a decent magnifier.

sharmon202
September 14th, 2015, 03:50 PM

I have several Parker 51, 21 and Sheaffer Imperial desk sets. I place them around the house and have at least one in the basement and both floors. I don't use them a lot, but I use them. Tine alignment is something you can figure out with help from the different forums here. You need a decent magnifier.

Thanks for the advice, I have read all the articles. I just do not have the eyesight to do it even with magnification. I have tried and gave up.
You keep these desk pens inked all the time and they do not dry out?

Lady Onogaro
September 15th, 2015, 05:33 PM

Thanks for the advice, I have read all the articles. I just do not have the eyesight to do it even with magnification. I have tried and gave up.
You keep these desk pens inked all the time and they do not dry out?

I keep a bottle of water handy just in case. But mine pretty much stay inked. They are quite handy.

pajaro
September 15th, 2015, 08:35 PM
The bottle of water idea is a good one. I have done this, and others have said they did it also.