PDA

View Full Version : The 2nd Annual Colorado Pen Show ~ Who's going?

earthdawn
September 16th, 2015, 12:02 AM
So its coming up on Oct 10th & 11th

Ill repost the email as it has a ton of info. Some of the links won't transfer over but for details goto

http://www.coloradopenshow.com

The second annual Colorado Pen Show is only a month away! It will take place in Denver on Saturday and Sunday, 10-11 October 2014. Last year we had just over two hundred attendees for our inaugural show! Our goal this year is to grow the attendance well beyond last year.

Sponsors Partners and Vendors
Argent Blue and Ryan Krusac Studios are sponsoring the show again this year. Our Colorado Pen Show Partners who have been busy helping to promote the show this year are Anderson Pens, Pendemonium and Pen World. We already have twenty exhibitors signed up and tables are selling quickly. There are still tables available! Check out the list on the website. Most are returning from last year. Among the new exhibitors, we are thrilled to have Franklin Christoph and Mike “Mike-It-Work” Masuyama joining us this year.

New Workshops and Seminars and Contests
We have expanded the seminars, classes and other activities from last year. We are very excited that Michael Sull will be presenting his Vintage American Cursive Handwriting seminar the day before the show from 10am-4pm on Friday, 9 October 2015 at the Pen Show site. Also, the Show has teamed up with Ridgeview Classical School and Anderson Pens to sponsor Fountain Pens in Education geared toward getting fountain pens in the hands of a new young generation. Pens donated by Anderson Pens will be used by the students at Ridgeview to produce contest entries that will be judged on Sunday afternoon at the Colorado Pen Show.

The Venue
We are at the Doubletree Stapleton near the Denver International Airport again this year. Very good room rates are available at the hotel and can be booked through a link on the show website. The hotel provides complimentary scheduled shuttle service to the Shops at Northfield, Quebec Square Retail Center and Denver International Airport.

Registration
All the info needed to register is on the website at http://www.coloradopenshow.com/registration/
· Tables for both days are $150 each with tablecloths, skirting and power.
· Wall tables available, first-come-first-served.
· Free Wi-Fi is provided in the exhibition hall.
· Lunch each day is provided (one lunch per table).

One Cannot Live by Shows Alone
In addition to the Pen Show, there are lots of things to do in Denver. With more days of sunshine than San Diego or Miami (300 days) and average high temps of 66F (19C), it’s easy to predict a high probability of good weather for the show.

Contact
Some of you have already let us know that you can’t make it this year. Thanks for considering our show and we’ll miss you. Keep us in mind for 2016 in October on Columbus Day weekend.

Contact me or the show organizer, Ed Capizzi, if you have any questions. Good luck with your sales this year!!

earthdawn
September 28th, 2015, 11:58 PM
Sooooooooo

Colorado here we come! Next weekend Oct. 10th & 11th live in Denver it's the Colorado Pen Show 2015!

I'll be there with the official release of this years swag. LE 2015 buttons, the new bookmarks and handmade journals. More details to follow but a Saturday night get together is in the works.

Show details are on the site
http://www.coloradopenshow.com

Faustine
September 29th, 2015, 01:09 PM
WOOOHOOO!! Exciting!!

earthdawn
October 1st, 2015, 08:46 AM
Going to the Colorado Pen Show? Come spend the evening with Master Penman and Storyteller Michael Sull as he tells tall tales from his own past, shares lore entrusted to him by master penmen of yesteryear, and spins some yarns that are just plain fun!
@stillcellars is hosting the event.
Details are on their site.
http://tinyurl.com/oymadap

earthdawn
October 10th, 2015, 01:04 AM
Some pics from Thursday.

Michael Sull taught an all day Penmanship class ~ 10am -5pm and it was eye opening, informative and just awesome.

earthdawn
October 10th, 2015, 04:47 PM
Saturday was very very busy....

Here is a video I saved from Periscope of Michael Sull writing out the top picture.

"Happy Fountain Pen Day 2015"

https://youtu.be/UScv_zx_0Qo

earthdawn
October 11th, 2015, 12:43 AM
Well after the show we had a Fountain Pen Day meet and greet in the classroom area of the second room. We got kicked out as it got later and moved into the hall. The hotel staff was cool even when we moved the tables and chairs lol.

Susan Wirth dropped by and sat with us for about 4 1/2 hours just being her and it was awesome. She is so funny and fit right in.

Lisa & Mike Vanness donated the engraved bottle of Waterman ink to give away at the meet.... Gracious as always.

Faustine
October 13th, 2015, 01:30 PM
I still can't believe I won the specially engraved bottle of ink! Thanks for coordinating the meet and greet and raffle prizes after the show, it was lots of fun and a great chance to sit and chat with everyone!

earthdawn
October 13th, 2015, 04:37 PM
I still can't believe I won the specially engraved bottle of ink! Thanks for coordinating the meet and greet and raffle prizes after the show, it was lots of fun and a great chance to sit and chat with everyone!

I was so happy you won it !!!

It was like a little DC pen meet all over again.

Here are some more pics

earthdawn
October 13th, 2015, 04:43 PM
And a few more...

The last photo is of Susan Wirth giving a class about "What pen is right for you"

earthdawn
October 13th, 2015, 04:52 PM
Ohhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaa.... And we had a surprise visit from the youngest Master Penman Jake Weidmann

He and Michael Sull went head to head writing out "Denver" in their on interpretation. This was the first time in about 100 years that teacher and student did this.

Grrr... last 2 photos are sideways... BUT the 2nd to last is the completed works. Left is Michael Sull and Right is Jake Weidmann

The last pic... I dunno who that guy is but he sure does not look like Mike Masuyama at the grinding wheel and I sure would not trust him !!!

Faustine
October 16th, 2015, 09:54 AM
The last photo is of Susan Wirth giving a class about "What pen is right for you"

The look on the girl in the blue shirt's face? Such a 'I can't believe I got dragged into this' look. So funny!