PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Sheaffer Oversize Balance Autograph 14K clip and cap band

mhosea
September 17th, 2015, 11:46 PM
Offering this up for sale at a substantial loss. I have been keeping this a collection pen, but I no longer collect vintage Sheaffer. If it doesn't sell by the end of the day on Sunday, I'm going to replace the silicone sac with latex and start using it.

This is a Sheaffer Oversize Autograph fountain pen. The clip, cap band, and nib (of course) are solid 14K gold. No ambering that I can see. Very nice condition. Deep imprint. Cap threads on smoothly and securely. I replaced the sac, and currently it has a silicone sac for color preservation. Looks like a replacement J-bar as well, but I think the replacement long ago.

The clip is very tight but note the slight wave in the clip just above the ball. It may have been pressed down there. As the clip is solid 14K gold, I'm confident it could be straightened out straight-as-new by someone skilled at such things, but I will not attempt it.

I will replace the silicone sac with latex if the buyer requests. IMHO, latex is better for regular use, but silicone better for storage in a collection. OTOH, the silicone sac will probably last for several decades. It's just that the gas permeability of silicone leads to flooding of the feed when it's stored while inked up. I've inked this up a couple of times with Waterman Blue in the morning and emptied it out on the same day, which works fine with no problems.

Price is $240 shipped via USPS Priority Mail small flat rate box to continental US addresses. Others may inquire.

Please click on the photo for a lot more photos of this pen.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/689/23617791795_cdacdc5c34_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/s/aHskkuHBDU)

Jon Szanto
September 18th, 2015, 12:05 AM
Mike, I remember when you got that pen, it really is extraordinary. I hope it finds a good home - anyone who has been waiting for a gorgeous OS, your ship has come in!

blopplop
September 18th, 2015, 12:59 AM
If I had the money I'd buy right now. I've been wanting one of these (at a good price like this) for years.

Dave

Denizzz
October 30th, 2015, 05:11 AM
OH, man, thats a pretty pen! Good luck Mike with the sale!

mhosea
December 8th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Back up for sale temporarily at a much lower price.

blopplop
December 8th, 2015, 11:39 PM
pm sent