PDA

View Full Version : Sharing photos of some of the pens in my collection

mrgdr
October 20th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Just thought I'd share a couple of photos I was able to scrounge up of some of the favorites in my collection.

L to R:
Delta Colosseum
Montegrappa Africa
Montblanc Edgar Allen Poe
Montblanc Oscar Wilde
Montblanc Alexandre Dumas
Parker Norman Rockwell
Aurora Giuseppe Verdi Opera
Visconti Manhattan (Green)
Visconti Voyager Club (Honey & Almond)
Conway Stewart Duro (Ivory Casein)

L to R:
Visconti Ragtime
Delta Colosseum BP
Delta Nautilus
Waterman LeMan 100 Opera RB
Waterman LeMan 100 Opera FP
Waterman LeMan 100 Opera BP
Pelikan 800
Pelikan 800 RB
Visconti Voyager Club BP

Of all my fountain pens, the green Pelikan 800 in the photo is my favorite writer. I bought it new at Der Martz in Stuttgart in 1997. It has a fairly flexible medium 18k nib and the cap band is inscribed - Pelikan - W. Germany. It's such a pleasure to hold and has nice, smooth flow and excellent line-width variation. :)

jar
October 20th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Nice pens. Love the Cosmopolitan.

KrazyIvan
October 20th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Very Nice. The Montblanc Edgar Allen Poe is the one that jumps at me.

mrgdr
October 20th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Thanks! It's fun to share them with fellow aficionados. I'll have to look for some more images of the rest of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

earthdawn
October 20th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Very Very nice... love the cases !

The Visconti Ragtime is singing to me. I love the classic look it has. I want to test one of those out one day.

Thanks for sharing.

penultress
October 21st, 2012, 09:35 PM
Thank you for sharing! You have very fine pens. I love all the ones in the first tray, so beautiful!

inky
October 22nd, 2012, 03:47 PM
Very cool. That Parker Norman Rockwell is the one that jumps out at me the most. Very nice collection and awesome presentation.

mrgdr
October 22nd, 2012, 04:17 PM
Very cool. That Parker Norman Rockwell is the one that jumps out at me the most. Very nice collection and awesome presentation.

Thank you! The Rockwell is one of my aesthetic favorites. I'm partial to Duofold pearl & blacks. The Rockwell came in a small fiddleback maple box inside of a huge leather box wrapped in a flannel drawstring bag. Lots of other goodies included. The pen is pretty spectacular too. LOL.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

southpaw52
October 22nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
Great looking fountain pens in your collection.

Bogon07
October 22nd, 2012, 10:45 PM
That is a very attractive collection of pens.

My eyes were drawn to the Parker Norman Rockwell & Visconti Voyager Club (Honey & Almond) but after drooling for a few minutes I think I'm falling for the understated allure of the Visconti Manhattan (Green).

manoeuver
October 23rd, 2012, 09:07 AM
fancy! what lovely pens.

fountainpenkid
October 23rd, 2012, 03:44 PM
Seriously awesome collection there! Nice work!

pavoni
April 29th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Superb collection and great taste! :)

Pavoni.

Jon Szanto
April 30th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Beautiful grouping. While you lean Italian, I really enjoy the range of pens you've put together.

drgoretex
April 30th, 2013, 05:36 AM
A beautiful collection! I can't even decide which I am most envious of! :)

Ken

jor412
April 30th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Beautiful pens. I like the MB Poe, Visconti Manhattan & Visconti Voyager. Thanks for posting the pic. :)

mrgdr
April 30th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Thank you all for your compliments. It's a pleasure to be able to share them with you. Your kind words are greatly appreciated. I still need to dig up some more images and post them. Cheers! :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD