PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne Pen Show - 18 November

jenjustjen
October 21st, 2012, 05:08 AM
So who's going? I've convinced the husband we should go! Not that it's that much of an effort to get to Malvern.
We should get the guys to send us geek badges so we can spot each other in the crowd!.

wayne.robinson
October 21st, 2012, 06:14 AM
I am considering it, but it's a bit of a trek down from Brisbane.

jenjustjen
October 21st, 2012, 06:24 AM
That is a bit of a hike Wayne! I'll just be back from Queensland then too. I get back from this work trip and an straight off again on my honey moon in port Douglas.

Sent from my Droid RAZR hd.

KrazyIvan
October 22nd, 2012, 08:50 AM
Bogon, are you going?

JustDaveyB
October 22nd, 2012, 01:20 PM
I am going. My wife and I are flying down from Brisbane for the weekend. It will be just a look and don't buy event for me as my pen budget is more than gone.

Petergly
October 23rd, 2012, 03:26 AM
It's just down the road for me. I missed last year - clash of events - but am determined to go this year.

Bogon07
October 23rd, 2012, 03:58 PM
Bogon, are you going?

I would be good to clock up some kms on the new Ford Focus to drive down there but circumstances .....

JustDaveyB
October 23rd, 2012, 05:52 PM
I would be good to clock up some kms on the new Ford Focus to drive down there but circumstances .....

That's no good.

My biggest question do I take a few pens with the view of trading/selling them off. I am normally a hoarder but could make some good money off some of the Pelikans

Bogon07
October 24th, 2012, 03:20 AM
That's no good.

My biggest question do I take a few pens with the view of trading/selling them off. I am normally a hoarder but could make some good money off some of the Pelikans
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not the complete city/places set !!!!!!! Or the white tortoise twins.

JustDaveyB
October 24th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not the complete city/places set !!!!!!! Or the white tortoise twins.

No the M620 set is safe - it took me too long to acquire them all, The M400 White Tortoise is a chance, but in the firing line is my M800 Black Red Striated and the M805 Black - I like the M6XX size better than the M8XX size.

Bogon07
October 24th, 2012, 04:20 PM
No the M620 set is safe - it took me too long to acquire them all, The M400 White Tortoise is a chance, but in the firing line is my M800 Black Red Striated and the M805 Black - I like the M6XX size better than the M8XX size.

I'm sensing a potential for trading and changes to your pen chart. A reduction in the M8xx arm and increase for the M6xx.

I mentioned the Melbourne Pen show to Mrs Bogon last night which caused some interest but more along the line of there are a lot of her wool & knitting suppliers in Victoria.

JustDaveyB
October 24th, 2012, 07:01 PM
I'm sensing a potential for trading and changes to your pen chart. A reduction in the M8xx arm and increase for the M6xx.

I mentioned the Melbourne Pen show to Mrs Bogon last night which caused some interest but more along the line of there are a lot of her wool & knitting suppliers in Victoria.

I have been thinking about it.

But to be honest I really don't have many M6XX pens that I want, maybe the M605 Black and the M605 Blue.

My wife is looking forward to shopping in Melbourne as well.

jar
October 24th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Any of you guys from Albany?

Bogon07
October 25th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Any of you guys from Albany?

Nope. Albany, Western Australia is way over the other side of the country and a couple of hours behind.

jenjustjen
November 14th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Okey Dokey, It's almost here! I'm back from my honeymoon and I just spoke to Andrew who is organising the show to clear the taking of photos for FPgeeks etc. (he's pretty old school but a nice guy)
He let me know that Jim Marshall (yes the british pen repairer) will be at the show for a few hours in the morning. (http://www.penpencilgallery.com/JKMPENPENCILGALLERY/) No indication if he is taking work - you might want to call Andrew to ask.

I'll be there in the morning So if you are there look for the feisty red head with the pink prera taking photos and notes. Heck i might even wear a Hello my name is sticker!

Petergly
November 14th, 2012, 07:30 PM
The best laid plans... I was going, but the wedding of a close friend's son in Sydney that very weekend takes precedence. Maybe next year...

jenjustjen
November 14th, 2012, 07:33 PM
maybe i caught him on a bad day but he implied it might be the last he runs

Petergly
November 15th, 2012, 06:02 AM
maybe i caught him on a bad day but he implied it might be the last he runs

I so hope you're wrong! :-)

Bogon07
November 15th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Enjoy the show-the weather forecast looks ok. About 19C and maybe a shower.

JustDaveyB
November 15th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Enjoy the show-the weather forecast looks ok. About 19C and maybe a shower.

Sitting in Bourke Street mall at moment (wife hurting her credit card in Zara), fine, sunny but a very cool southerly blowing.

jenjustjen
November 15th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Sounds Lovely! See you Sunday!