PDA

View Full Version : Fake 149's

Paul-H
September 29th, 2015, 09:15 AM
Post deleted because it was of no use to the know it alls around here.

Chrissy
September 29th, 2015, 09:34 AM
They haven't yet made a fake 149 with the authentic type of Montblanc fixed internal piston, so anyone who knows what type of internal pistons 146 and 149 pens have, will not be caught out by these fakes. Nor do these have nibs that resemble authentic Montblanc nibs.

I believe that Montblanc are soon going to put a platinised trim version of the 149 into production though

I like mango pudding
September 30th, 2015, 10:55 PM
That looks no where near the girth of a 149. That looks more like a cheap piece of sht fake 145

Paul-H
October 1st, 2015, 10:14 AM
The dimensions are the same as the Jinhao 159 so almost the same size as the 149

I know its not a piston filler thats why I said it was a CC poking out the end.

And you know how to spot a fake but not everyone does

If fake reports are not wanted or needed that I shall keep quiet in future, hope you reimburse anyone out of pocket just because that didn't know as much as you do.

Perhaps a mode will remove this thread

mhosea
October 1st, 2015, 11:16 AM
I don't expect the replies were meant quite the way they were taken, i.e. less as pertaining the contribution and more as criticizing the work product of the clone makers.

I will say that the proportions were more reminiscent of Le Grand than 149. Sometimes it's hard to get the right sense of scale. My reaction was, oddly, that if it were 146-size, and if it were legitimized by being a design copy rather than a fake (you can copy the proportions of a 146 or 149 legitimately, but you cannot use Montblanc's name or trademarks), these might be of some interest, price notwithstanding, in the same sense as the Jinhao 159's are of some interest.

FredRydr
October 3rd, 2015, 06:14 AM
...hope you reimburse anyone out of pocket just because [they] didn't know as much as you do....

Well, there's a new approach. :dirol:

Fred

Chrissy
October 3rd, 2015, 06:24 AM
...hope you reimburse anyone out of pocket just because [they] didn't know as much as you do....

Well, there's a new approach. :dirol:

Fred

It would appear that I didn't say what the OP hoped I would say. So much for trying to be helpful

Neo
October 3rd, 2015, 07:46 AM
Perhaps he misinterpreted the spirit in which you replied. This may be a symptom of interactions online, as there is not the ability to read facial expressions or body language. Good intentions may be misconstrued for ill will.

jar
October 3rd, 2015, 08:14 AM
A few things we do need to remember though related to counterfeit products generally and Montblanc 146/149/LEs specifically:

There is BIG money in counterfeit products from brake pads to prescription drugs to fountain pens and handbags.

Making a piston filled pen, even one that will last a long time does not cost much more than making a cartridge/converter pen. Consider the Reform 1745.

Counterfeit items only have to last long enough to get sold; durability after that point is irrelevant.

The constant increase in availability and decreasing price of laser measuring systems combined with computer controlled manufacturing and 3D printing means duplicating parts exactly that will fit together properly and look correct can be a cottage industry.

Images seen in the webstore may or may not have any correspondence with the actual product shipped.

I like mango pudding
October 3rd, 2015, 12:00 PM
It would appear that I didn't say what the OP hoped I would say. So much for trying to be helpful

Likewise