PDA

View Full Version : Can I change my forum user name?

Faustine
September 29th, 2015, 01:42 PM
I have searched through all my settings options, and don't see that capability. I'd like it to match some of my other social media names better. Am I just completely oblivious to it?
Thanks. :)

jar
September 29th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page to get help with that.

Faustine
September 29th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page to get help with that.

Thanks for the help Jar, will do!

Dreck
September 29th, 2015, 09:36 PM
...or you could just make several different accounts. Say, for instance, you choose a forum name like BING BING, and you later decide you don't like it. You could then make an account with something cute like SWIFTKITTY, or ambiguous like Rice Krispies. That way, you could not only have your choice of forum names, but you could even switch them around and post under different ones depending on your mood at the time.

Hawk
September 29th, 2015, 09:56 PM
Dreck. Like another "member" did in order to hide. That wasn't nice of me but my fingers couldn't resist bringing up another person's dual personality.

Dreck
September 29th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Dreck. Like another "member" did in order to hide. That wasn't nice of me but my fingers couldn't resist bringing up another person's dual personality.
I know I should've resisted, Hawk, but my fingers were working more efficiently than my decency.

Faustine
September 30th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Guess I missed the other member drama then! I just was thinking it would be nice for my user name to match, cause I've gotten the 'oh, I didn't know that was you!' a few times now, and it seemed like a waste to lose my history and subscriptions by setting up a new account.

Hawk
September 30th, 2015, 11:17 AM
chefz, don't mind us. I would keep my old identity for your history and subscriptions and create a new account that is mor in tune to your identity. When you subscribe with your new identity in the new members area, tell us you were .... as a clarification. Some people will see it and some won't. Maybe the administrator will combine your activity so you don't have to start out as a junior member (if that matters).

Faustine
September 30th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the suggestions Hawk! I was able to contact the admins and Eric changed my user name over, so I don't lose any history. I might go post in the newbie forum just to re-introduce myself hahaha.

Empty_of_Clouds
October 1st, 2015, 05:22 AM
Not fair. I've asked twice now and received no response and no change. <sulks>