PDA

View Full Version : TWSBI Mini!!!!!!!!!!

fountainpenkid
October 22nd, 2012, 08:19 PM
This long awaited pen has finally arrived. I ordered mine the night it came out :) Black/clear version with a medium nib. I'll post a first impression when it arrives. Has anyone else taken the plunge?

earthdawn
October 22nd, 2012, 08:40 PM
well.....

where did you order it from :bump2:

congrats... looking forward to seeing some real life pics

Bogon07
October 22nd, 2012, 10:31 PM
Goulet Pens are showing a 29October2012 date on their site if you select an individual pen.
They appear to come in three styles Black, Clear & Classic(late November).

http://www.gouletpens.com/TWSBI_Mini_Fountain_Pens_s/1287.htm

gwgtaylor
October 22nd, 2012, 11:15 PM
I ordered black and clear with broad nib. Looks really cool. Very excited.

wayne.robinson
October 22nd, 2012, 11:27 PM
Does that black look slightly transparent to anyone?

fountainpenkid
October 23rd, 2012, 04:29 AM

Not to me...

writingrav
October 23rd, 2012, 07:21 AM
Ordered mine this morning. The classic. Broad nib.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

manoeuver
October 23rd, 2012, 07:58 AM
hope to see some of these at the Ohio show...

KrazyIvan
October 23rd, 2012, 08:28 AM

Yes, it does to me> :P

http://www.twsbi.com/img/p/43-150-thickbox.jpg

Actually, it looks like it is solid black from here.

manoeuver
October 23rd, 2012, 08:31 AM
I'll be looking to put my hands on one of these at the Ohio show...

efj3
October 23rd, 2012, 08:44 AM
^^ I think that's a size comparison with the 540

gwgtaylor
October 25th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Yay! My mini is on a truck for delivery! I'm not really sure how I got it so fast as I'm in Toronto. I took the cheapest shipping and it looks like that was overnight. (???) Anyway, I've decided to try my hand at an unboxing video. Will see how that turns out. Will post here if its worth watching.

gwgtaylor
October 25th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I really hate FedEx. I use the word hate at full strength. Never had a positive experience with this company. Ever. Delivery attempt made at 10:13am. I was here. Nobody attempted anything. Lying lazy drivers wasting my time. Called back. Promised another attempt before noon. It is now 12:18 and I'm staring at my lobby cam like an idiot. Hate. No pen for me today. Sure am glad I went with priority shipping. That really paid off. Time to get ready for work. :-(

KrazyIvan
October 25th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I really hate FedEx. I use the word hate at full strength. Never had a positive experience with this company. Ever. Delivery attempt made at 10:13am. I was here. Nobody attempted anything. Lying lazy drivers wasting my time. Called back. Promised another attempt before noon. It is now 12:18 and I'm staring at my lobby cam like an idiot. Hate. No pen for me today. Sure am glad I went with priority shipping. That really paid off. Time to get ready for work. :-(

I feel your pain. I usually have shipments sent to my workplace because it is more secure and there is someone available from our security staff to accept packages 24x7. Fedex is the only shipper that I get back tracking info that says there was no one to accept the package. It always (yes, always) happens if the shipment happens to be on a Friday. Then it sits on a truck for the weekend and I get the delivery on Monday. Now, if FedEx is going to be used, I try to time my shipments so they will arrive Mon-Thurs. Preferably, if I have a choice, I avoid FedUp. I mean FedEx.

FP_GaF
October 25th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I pre-ordered mine today. solid black with medium nib. I prefer finer nib sizes. looks like a nice pocket pen to me...

fountainpenkid
October 25th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I pre-ordered mine today. solid black with medium nib. I prefer finer nib sizes. looks like a nice pocket pen to me...

If they get it right this time with quality control, I dare say it may be the best under $100 small sized pen available today!

earthdawn
October 25th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Im looking forward to the first review of any kind and some real pics !!!

fountainpenkid
October 25th, 2012, 03:40 PM
I'll post a first impressions here when it arrives. then i'll do a formal review.

maiboo
October 25th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I bought the clear with medium nib. It came in today. This nib is very smooth. The flow is great too (not too dry or too wet). The nib is hard though. I like the way it post, only need 1 full turn to post it. Two full turn to cap it. The balance is great when posted. So far I've had no problems with skipping. I've been writing with it and loving it. Now I can't wait til they come out with other colors and stub nibs.

fountainpenkid
October 25th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Mine came today as well! the nib is great, just as yours was. The way it posts, the quality, everything about it is all very nice!

writingrav
October 25th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Mine came today as well! the nib is great, just as yours was. The way it posts, the quality, everything about it is all very nice!

I'm drooling waiting for mine to arrive!

Zhivago
October 25th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I posted some quick and mediocre pictures at FPN (I'm Kugelschreiber there) which I'll be happy to re-post here if anyone really wants to see them.

I like the look and feel of the pen. I have it inked with J. Herbin Vert Empire and have had some flow issues. Not terrible but not perfect either. The nib looks fine, so I don't think that is the issue. I'll try another ink before doing anything else. Actually, what bothers me more is that the M nib on my Mini is pretty close to writing finer then the F nib on my 540. :angry:

No final verdict yet; I don't love it yet and I also certainly don't regret buying it yet. Considering that flow issues can be fixed and a different nib size can be had, I'll likely end up loving it or really liking it.

fountainpenkid
October 25th, 2012, 08:06 PM
I posted some quick and mediocre pictures at FPN (I'm Kugelschreiber there) which I'll be happy to re-post here if anyone really wants to see them.

I like the look and feel of the pen. I have it inked with J. Herbin Vert Empire and have had some flow issues. Not terrible but not perfect either. The nib looks fine, so I don't think that is the issue. I'll try another ink before doing anything else. Actually, what bothers me more is that the M nib on my Mini is pretty close to writing finer then the F nib on my 540. :angry:

No final verdict yet; I don't love it yet and I also certainly don't regret buying it yet. Considering that flow issues can be fixed and a different nib size can be had, I'll likely end up loving it or really liking it.

My nib is perfect. Literally better than the Pelikan m400 nib out of the box. The piston mechanism is VERY precise, much better than the loveable but funky OMAS. I AM experiencing some leaking though...

Zhivago
October 25th, 2012, 08:47 PM
My nib is perfect. Literally better than the Pelikan m400 nib out of the box. The piston mechanism is VERY precise, much better than the loveable but funky OMAS. I AM experiencing some leaking though...

My two 540s were perfect from the start and I didn't even clean them out before filling them. I'm pretty sure neither has ever skipped on me at all, though I've also never had to do any fast writing with them. My experience with the Mini so far brings to mind Stephen Brown's video on the TWSBI Vac 700, iirc. Slow to moderate writing is mostly fine, but if you pick up the pace at all, the feed just does not keep up.

duncan
October 25th, 2012, 11:26 PM
This is kind of sad; today I received my TWSBI Mini and also a Chatterley Pens / Delta Dolce Vita Stantuffo Star Collection Royal Garnet Limited Edition ($400). The Mini was the more exciting pen. Cap posts perfectly, smooth writer, fits my hand well. TWSBI pens are unbelievable value. This is my fourth TWSBI I want more of them. I have a medium nib on the Mini and it is just a tad dry. Easy fix though.

fountainpenkid
October 26th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Review posted!

Zhivago
October 26th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Mine is writing much better after a cleaning and being inked with Aurora Black.

fountainpenkid
October 26th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Mine is writing much better after a cleaning and being inked with Aurora Black.

good to hear!

gwgtaylor
October 27th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Finally got it. I posted an unboxing on YouTube if anyone is curious. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNaV725F3Uo&sns=tw

I put private reserve burgundy must in it. Really great nib. Juicy.

fountainpenkid
October 27th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Finally got it. I posted an unboxing on YouTube if anyone is curious. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNaV725F3Uo&sns=tw

I put private reserve burgundy must in it. Really great nib. Juicy.

nice job! certainly better than my video!

gwgtaylor
October 27th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Not at all will, your video Is great!

writingrav
October 31st, 2012, 01:50 PM
Finally!! It arrived today and I'm in love.

carlos63
November 2nd, 2012, 02:55 AM
Ordered mine in black with a broad nib. Pre-ordered it on Oct 23 from Anderson Pens and still have not got it. I know they only ship on Mon. & Fri. but the USPS.com shows the Andersons notified the postal service on Oct 25 to EXPECT my package for mailing and nothing else. I have been able to be patient until I saw Brian Goulet's review of the mini..... arrrrrgh :(. I guess I will get-a-grip because it has only been 8 days for USPS. I need my "fix" hahaha.

carlos63
November 2nd, 2012, 03:01 AM
Finally!! It arrived today and I'm in love.

Where did you order it from?

writingrav
November 2nd, 2012, 06:32 AM
Where did you order it from?

Twsbi on Amazon.