PDA

View Full Version : How do I edit or delete my posts?

Pommel
October 2nd, 2015, 01:45 AM
Some time ago, I wrote a post that I'd like to edit or delete. However, it seems I don't have permissions to edit my own posts (not even within minutes after posting), and a request for deletion to a moderator did not work as well.

What's the best way to modify one's posts, and in what timeframe should one be able to do so? Is it just a matter of attaining a higher status on the forum?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dreck
October 2nd, 2015, 02:53 PM
At the bottom of the post's frame, there is an "edit post" link that will allow you do also delete. I don't recall there being a post count before this feature becomes unlocked, but there may well be. If this is the case, perhaps the first hundred posts are a sort of Litmus test. Be careful what you leave...

mhosea
October 2nd, 2015, 03:39 PM
Or could be a Tapatalk thing?

Dreck
October 2nd, 2015, 04:06 PM
Or could be a Tapatalk thing?

I hadn't thought of that, Mike. I never use it. Hmmm...

mhosea
October 2nd, 2015, 04:17 PM
I never use it. Hmmm...

Me, neither. I did try it twice. Surely there was some way to use it differently than what I saw, but it seemed to take something that was organized and present it in a disorganized way. I note that the post (I surmise that) Pommel wants to delete can itself be attributed to Tapatalk's presentation.

jar
October 2nd, 2015, 06:38 PM
Some time ago, I wrote a post that I'd like to edit or delete. However, it seems I don't have permissions to edit my own posts (not even within minutes after posting), and a request for deletion to a moderator did not work as well.

What's the best way to modify one's posts, and in what timeframe should one be able to do so? Is it just a matter of attaining a higher status on the forum?

Thanks!

Once you figure out how to do it custom suggests that if you make changes that go beyond just correcting spelling, punctuation or coding that you keep the old part and note AbE: (added by edit) to show new or corrected material.

mhosea
October 2nd, 2015, 07:04 PM
It's not the sort of thing where the OP was integrally involved in the discussion and then said something they wished they hadn't. It was more like walking into the wrong bathroom, remarking that people of the opposite sex ought not to be there, apologizing and leaving once their error was pointed out.

Pommel
October 4th, 2015, 06:37 AM
Thanks ... may be a Tapatalk problem indeed. But I also can't edit or delete that post using the web interface.

In addition ... none of the moderators seems to be willing to delete my post :(

Neo
October 4th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Thanks ... may be a Tapatalk problem indeed. But I also can't edit or delete that post using the web interface.

Perhaps in the meantime, an explanatory post for why the post in question may warrant deletion might help? Most members here are very understanding.

nospam666
October 4th, 2015, 04:01 PM

I can edit my posts in tapatalk, but I can't do anything from the website including login. I have sent a message to the admins a few days ago.

Hawk
October 15th, 2015, 10:47 AM
I can't find out how to delete individual PM's using tapatalk. Maybe it's because it's the first time I tried to use it.

nospam666
October 16th, 2015, 03:03 AM
I can't find out how to delete individual PM's using tapatalk. Maybe it's because it's the first time I tried to use it.
While looking at the list of private messages, tap and hold 1 until it switches into selection mode. You will then be able to select multiple items in the list of private messages, and use the trash can icon at the top of the screen to delete.