PDA

View Full Version : DC Supershow Blue

FredRydr
October 3rd, 2015, 05:32 PM
I find that DC Supershow Blue, by Private Reserve, takes a long time to dry. Does anyone else have the same experience?

I've stopped buying PR's inks, but I have seven bottles that are opened infrequently.

Fred

henkm
October 3rd, 2015, 06:50 PM
Absolutely. And not only does it take long to dry, it keeps looking/feeling 'oily' and smearing forever. Besides, I found it very hard to rinse out of my pen. My bottle now just decorates the cupboard.

carlos.q
October 3rd, 2015, 07:46 PM
Have you tried diluting this ink?

FredRydr
October 3rd, 2015, 07:52 PM
No.

Fred

Jon Szanto
October 3rd, 2015, 08:25 PM
I stopped using this ink for the very reasons you specify, Fred.

stub
October 4th, 2015, 01:22 PM
I've always wanted to try this ink but fortunately it's unavailable here. But I had a similar problem with a J Herbin ink that seemed to dry down to 97% and then just always stay oily and smear even hours later. It drove me crazy even though I loved the color. Cafe des iles. I should try the water trick on that.

henkm
October 4th, 2015, 04:08 PM
No, I haven't and thanks for the reminder. But on the other hand, with so many inks to chose from, I personally want to have something that 'just works'.

carlos.q
October 4th, 2015, 06:29 PM
No, I haven't and thanks for the reminder. But on the other hand, with so many inks to chose from, I personally want to have something that 'just works'.
I feel the same way. One of the problem with super saturated inks like Noodler's and Private Reserve is that they often need a bit of dilution to prevent smearing and dry faster. That's one of the reasons I stopped buying these inks.

FredRydr
October 4th, 2015, 07:42 PM
My bottle is free to anyone for postage.

Fred

P.S. The bottle is heading to Korea (South).

ac12
October 9th, 2015, 05:46 PM
Mine does not take excessively long to dry, and it is in a WET Parker 51.
But I don't write on HARD paper, most of the paper I use is somewhat absorbent.
The only HARD paper that I write on is my wall calendar, then I use a blotter to blot up the excess ink. But then I blot all my FP writing on that calendar.

Scooby921
November 1st, 2015, 01:40 PM
Absolutely. And not only does it take long to dry, it keeps looking/feeling 'oily' and smearing forever. Besides, I found it very hard to rinse out of my pen. My bottle now just decorates the cupboard.
I'm happy, and sad, to see it's not just the one bottle I purchased. I bought a whole bottle of Supershow Blue after trying a sample. A month later I noticed blue ink all over my fingers. It took me a few minutes to realize it was the ink coming off the pages of my notebook which I had been carrying around open.

Dhruv
November 17th, 2015, 01:27 AM
I've always wanted to try this ink but fortunately it's unavailable here. But I had a similar problem with a J Herbin ink that seemed to dry down to 97% and then just always stay oily and smear even hours later. It drove me crazy even though I loved the color. Cafe des iles. I should try the water trick on that.

I'd recommend against diluting an herbin ink. They are already watery enough to be diluted further.

Chrissy
November 17th, 2015, 01:37 AM
I've recently chroma tested PR Electric DC Blue and DC Supershow blue and found that the dyes in both look identical except for the fact that Supershow is more concentrated. So a little dilution would presumably make it more like Electric blue.