PDA

View Full Version : Pilot VP Italic Nib

Lady Onogaro
October 4th, 2015, 03:51 PM
Has anyone bought the Pilot Italic nib that recently came out? I haven't seen any reviews of it and would like to know what people think.

Kaputnik
October 9th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Do you know of anyone who is selling it so far? I don't see it from my usual U.S. vendors, and haven't found it on eBay.

stonerman33
October 9th, 2015, 09:15 PM
I bought mine from Goulet, and Brian did put out a video a bit before they were available to the public. Try searching for stub in lieu of italic.

Kaputnik
October 10th, 2015, 12:33 AM
I bought mine from Goulet, and Brian did put out a video a bit before they were available to the public. Try searching for stub in lieu of italic.

Now I do see it there, in two of the three available finishes, although they are currently sold out. I put myself on their mailing list to be notified when they have them again. Not absolutely sure that I'd get one, as I'm not much of a stub/italic user in general, but I do like the idea of having one in a Vanishing Point.

Have you used yours enough yet to have an opinion?

stonerman33
October 10th, 2015, 11:17 PM
I'm a fan. It's kind of a hybrid stub/italic, and right around 1.0mm which makes it usable in everyday writing for me. Lines are nice and crisp, and the line variation keeps things interesting.

Ted A
October 13th, 2015, 04:20 PM
I have one. Nice line to it. It's a bit more crisp than the Jowo 1.1 stubs I've gotten. Mine seems a bit scratchy, but I'm only on my second fill.