PDA

View Full Version : Burgundy Section for a 144

Curtisvan
October 7th, 2015, 08:35 PM
I needs Bordeaux section for a Mont Blanc 144. Does anyone know where I can find one. I have the cap body and nib. I just need the section where you screw in the nib.
Please email me if you know where I can find one

curtsherry@gmail.com

jar
October 7th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Originally the C/C Burgundy 144 came with a black section so either would be correct.

pajaro
October 9th, 2015, 02:18 PM
If you had said this, I could have changed the section out.

As per above, early sections were black, later 1990s were burgundy.

The nib and feed are friction fit. The feed is keyed: there is a protrusion on the back of the feed which fits into a recess in the section.

Adding: Converters in old black sections are friction fit into the section. Newer sections, the converter screws in. The gold tone piece on the converter unscrews also, and if you try to unscrew the converter from the section holding the gold tone converter piece, it might unscrew on you.

The blue section probably from a Ramses pen is probably a hard to find piece, so, if you replace it with a bordeaux section, you might offer it on ebay. You might find a section on ebay. The bottom price I ever saw for one was $50. Usually they want more.

I thought about changing the blue section out for a red one, but then I thought that since I offered it with the blue section I should let it go at that, rather than disappoint. The best intentions . . .

Curtisvan
October 27th, 2015, 03:21 AM
Hey. I'd like to find the Burgoyne section buying not unhappy. The pen writes beautifully and is super smooth.