PDA

View Full Version : Current Nibbles!

fountainpenkid
October 25th, 2012, 03:16 PM
What'cha eating today? This is the topic to talk recipies, cheeses, restaurants...etc.

Today, I'm making a red wine sauteed red onion puff pastry. These are great, simple to make, and topped with goat cheese, are divine! (I'll give the recipe if anyone wants it.)

Have Fun! Happy Penning and Eating!

manoeuver
October 25th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I just ate nuked dino nuggets cause I'm too hungry to wait for the wife's chili.

earthdawn
October 25th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Cheez Doodles !!!!

just 1/2 the bag though :lazy2:

Tracy Lee
October 25th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Tonight, Chinese Food. Hurricane Sandy is ruining my weekend motorcycle ride but isn't bad enough to get me one day off from work. So, I am bitter and in the need of comfort food. :p

fountainpenkid
October 25th, 2012, 08:13 PM
oh...yeah... you are in Florida. I feel for you. Up hear in yankee prep land, Irene was bad enough. I don't want to be in school in July :(

Tracy Lee
October 26th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Sandy is headed north and could get very nasty before all is said and done. We are going to get off pretty easy here, just stormy, squally weather. All enough to make me take my cage to work this morning.

auto winder
October 26th, 2012, 06:14 AM
I'll make fried salmon with sour cream sauce tonight :)
Stay safe if you are in hurricane-land!

fountainpenkid
October 27th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Goat cheese and pear pastries!

earthdawn
October 27th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Just coffee.... going to practice some writing this afternoon.

Just got my MB 146 back from being tuned... what a dream to write with !

fountainpenkid
October 27th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Just coffee.... going to practice some writing this afternoon.

Just got my MB 146 back from being tuned... what a dream to write with !

sent my m400 and omas paragon off for a nib tuning as well...can't wait to see the result!

auto winder
November 19th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Mmmmm, chocolate chip cookies!

earthdawn
November 19th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Ben & Jerry's "Late Night Snack"

Then a little writing with the Visconti HS Bronze 1.3 stub

Just had it tuned up by Michael Masuyama. You want to talk about the finest writing instrument I have ever used, well this is now it!

fountainpenkid
March 23rd, 2013, 12:30 PM
Just finished a bunch of little mini quiches...mmmm...delicious. I basically used flaky pastry dough (no not crap pilsbury ;)) and molded them to the shape of the muffin pan. I used cheddar instead of gruyere, but it was still nice! It would be a nice popover substitute in the morning if you are feeling extra special!

Toffer
March 23rd, 2013, 03:02 PM
Saturday night equals can't be bothered! Mix kebab on nan.

Wolfeeh
March 30th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Several rounds of delicious burnt toast with butter for lunch. Chicken tikka masala with pilau rice for dinner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

caribbean_skye
March 30th, 2013, 06:26 PM
I made the gentleman chili earlier and guacamole for myself.

fountainpenkid
April 1st, 2013, 04:41 AM
Several rounds of delicious burnt toast with butter for lunch. Chicken tikka masala with pilau rice for dinner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lol! Do you consider burnt toast good, or are you being sarcastic?

TonyJones
April 1st, 2013, 01:35 PM
The better half is currently slaving away making a lamb, butternut squash and mushroom lasagne!

KrazyIvan
April 1st, 2013, 01:45 PM
Almonds with dried cranberries.

fountainpenkid
April 2nd, 2013, 04:50 AM
The better half is currently slaving away making a lamb, butternut squash and mushroom lasagne!

That sounds great!

southpaw52
April 2nd, 2013, 09:09 AM
just finished an open face toasted peanut butter and jam sandwich for breakfast.

KrazyIvan
April 2nd, 2013, 09:26 AM
Had oatmeal for breakfast with a side of toast and my wife's special protein/omega laden shake.

I'm fixing to make a pot of coffee.

TonyJones
April 2nd, 2013, 10:25 AM
That sounds great!

Trust me when I say this, it tasted better than it sounds!

Bogon07
April 2nd, 2013, 04:15 PM
Morning tea time at work. Bread with Nectrine jam & a cup of Getaway Geisha green tea.

snedwos
April 6th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Lol, NIBbles...

Spooning peanut butter straight out of the jar. My uncle bought me a whole bunch of American groceries for my birthday, to help get me acclimatised for the Autumn.

fountainpenkid
April 6th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Lol, NIBbles...

Spooning peanut butter straight out of the jar. My uncle bought me a whole bunch of American groceries for my birthday, to help get me acclimatised for the Autumn.

I love eating peanut butter out of the jar. I love the sensation of not being able to talk because it is stuck to your mouth.

KrazyIvan
April 6th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Roasted and seasoned seaweed.

fountainpenkid
April 7th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Roasted and seasoned seaweed.

What type of seaweed. Also, did you buy it "fresh" or in a bag?

KrazyIvan
April 7th, 2013, 06:19 PM
It's some dry stuff, Very odd to me but I like it. Snacking on some more today.

Bogon07
April 7th, 2013, 10:04 PM
How are the iodine levels ?
We had some kelp chutney once and I don't recall finishing the bottle. I suspect it is an accquired taste.

Bogon07
April 13th, 2013, 09:36 PM
NewZealand Epicure on Salada biscuits. The world's greatest cheese (my world anyway).

Not many Kiwis on FPG, are they are allowed to use fountain pens over there ? I know they like mechanical pencils.

KrazyIvan
April 14th, 2013, 06:10 PM
How are the iodine levels ?
We had some kelp chutney once and I don't recall finishing the bottle. I suspect it is an accquired taste.

Have no idea but my iodine levels are low.

Wanted something salty sweet after dinner. I peeled some oranges and separated the wedges, threw them in a frying pan with a little sea salt and apple pie spice. Girls thought I was crazy until they tried them.

Bogon07
April 14th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Have no idea but my iodine levels are low.

Wanted something salty sweet after dinner. I peeled some oranges and separated the wedges, threw them in a frying pan with a little sea salt and apple pie spice. Girls thought I was crazy until they tried them.

mmm that sound ok. Might have to try it.

I've seen Mrs Bogon's sister have a peeled orange sprinkled with Cayenne pepper a couple of times.

KrazyIvan
April 14th, 2013, 08:05 PM
mmm that sound ok. Might have to try it.

I've seen Mrs Bogon's sister have a peeled orange sprinkled with Cayenne pepper a couple of times.

We have this red chile powder, salt, lemon powder stuff that we also use on just about any fruit. A spoon full of cyenne in a glass of water gets the blood flowing in the morning. I have heard cyenne pepper referred to as "natures crack" before. :pound:

fountainpenkid
April 15th, 2013, 10:24 AM
French onion soup a la Julia Child and. Arugula and pinko-crusted goat cheese salad.