PDA

View Full Version : Can we may "My Threads" and "My Posts" searches immune to the 60 second rule?

mhosea
October 10th, 2015, 11:46 PM
I like to use "New Posts" and also to check "My Posts" or "My Threads" occasionally. Problem is, these are incompatible. I see this sort of thing a lot:

"This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between searches. Please try again in 30 seconds."

sharmon202
October 11th, 2015, 06:08 AM
I second the motion, what a pain. Many times I just give up and log off.

Chrissy
October 11th, 2015, 08:44 AM
I always use 'New Posts' yet I have never once seen the 60 second rule when I press it.

I just tried pressing it quickly 5 times, and I still didn't see it.

jar
October 11th, 2015, 08:47 AM
Yeah, it's annoying but not that big a deal.

mhosea
October 11th, 2015, 08:54 AM
I always use 'New Posts' yet I have never once seen the 60 second rule when I press it.

New Posts is already exempt, but it counts as a search, anyway. Click New Posts and then My Threads in succession.

jar
October 11th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Just a point of interest.

If you do the non-exempt search first (my content) you can then immediately do the new posts search. There is no timeout.

My Content ---> New Posts.

Chrissy
October 11th, 2015, 10:14 AM

New Posts is already exempt, but it counts as a search, anyway. Click New Posts and then My Threads in succession.

Oh right, thanks. :) My senior moment. :cry:

mhosea
November 2nd, 2015, 11:39 AM
It would be sufficient for "New Posts" not to count against the search timer, even if "My Posts" and "My Threads" still do.