PDA

View Full Version : Diamine Shimmer ink

Chrissy
October 11th, 2015, 08:23 AM
I decided to make my own blue shade of Diamine Shimmer ink using some left-over silver particles, plus some vintage Sheaffer blue ink.

This is how it turned out:

Laura N
October 11th, 2015, 08:51 AM
That looks great!

Neo
October 11th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Oooooh!

saskia_madding
October 11th, 2015, 09:32 AM
I've been experimenting with lustre dust and it has been really fun. I'll try to get some pictures next week and post them. My favoutie has been a blue I made with lighter blue and silver dust particles. :D

I've noticed if I put too much dust into then ink, then it brushes off the page when the ink dries. But if you get the proportions just right, then you get a lot of sheen and shimmer, and not a lot of wipe off. It varies from ink to ink, and oddly, between different colours of lustre dust!

Chrissy
October 11th, 2015, 09:38 AM
I noticed that it looked a bit lighter than the actual writing was so I added a bit of contrast to correct it. It looks much better now.

Chrissy
October 11th, 2015, 09:40 AM
I've been experimenting with lustre dust and it has been really fun. I'll try to get some pictures next week and post them. My favoutie has been a blue I made with lighter blue and silver dust particles. :D

I've noticed if I put too much dust into then ink, then it brushes off the page when the ink dries. But if you get the proportions just right, then you get a lot of sheen and shimmer, and not a lot of wipe off. It varies from ink to ink, and oddly, between different colours of lustre dust!

It is always worth experimenting. :)

Chrissy
October 12th, 2015, 03:53 AM
I also have a little bit of green left that didn't make the final set. I'm trying to think what I could mix up using that. Maybe a really dark green by adding Diamine Green/Black???

FredRydr
October 12th, 2015, 07:42 AM
I also have a little bit of green left that didn't make the final set. I'm trying to think what I could mix up using that. Maybe a really dark green by adding Diamine Green/Black???

Jut so it doesn't curdle.

Fred

akapulko2020
October 13th, 2015, 05:33 AM
Ooooh,pretty and shiny ❤

Chrissy
October 13th, 2015, 06:16 AM
Yesterday I compared it against Blue Pearl and i was pleased to find it was completely different. I'm happy that I experimented. :)