PDA

View Full Version : Help with Wing Sung leakage problem?

Sailor Kenshin
October 26th, 2012, 09:47 AM
So I have three WS pens with the wrapraround nibs. One is the 840 (I thinnkk!) and that model has a removable squeezy bulb. The other two have the squeezer attached.

Tested them all. They write fine for a spell, even with their nail nibs, and I like their looks. But then, they ALL leak, in the same spot, right where the nib attaches to the section.

Any ideas why? And if this is fixable? Thanks. :)

KrazyIvan
October 29th, 2012, 10:56 AM
I have a couple of Wing Sung's but have not had that problem. It sounds like maybe an imperfect seal or a pinhole in the sack.

manoeuver
October 29th, 2012, 06:02 PM
gift pens.

KrazyIvan
October 29th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Now why would you want to gift leaky pens?

manoeuver
October 30th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Cause most people would never find out they're leaky.

Sailor Kenshin
November 7th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Sure they would. Besides, I'd never give away such a pen without a HUGE disclaimer attached.

I'd still like to know why they all leaked from the exact same spot.

manoeuver
November 8th, 2012, 04:17 AM
You win. I retract my gift pen recommendation. Sounds like a manufacturing flaw. Did you disassemble the pens?

edit: gift pens for your enemies!

Sailor Kenshin
November 8th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Lol... Don't tempt me!

Thanks, but I am not skilled enough to disassemble a pen yet.... Skeert of breaking it. Maybe if I watch a few vids.

manoeuver
November 8th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Not a huge loss if you happen to break a leaky wing sung. just sayin. you might fix it and you'll definitely learn something.

CaptainBlack
November 9th, 2012, 06:16 AM
So I have three WS pens with the wrapraround nibs. One is the 840 (I thinnkk!) and that model has a removable squeezy bulb. The other two have the squeezer attached.

Tested them all. They write fine for a spell, even with their nail nibs, and I like their looks. But then, they ALL leak, in the same spot, right where the nib attaches to the section.

Any ideas why? And if this is fixable? Thanks. :)

The nibs unscrew from the section at that point, if not done up tight the joint can leak. Had that problem with my WS842 when new, tightened it up, no problem since.

Maybe some silicone grease on the joint may also help, but I have not found it necessary.

CB