PDA

View Full Version : FS: Omas Extra 620

fqgouvea
October 15th, 2015, 06:18 PM
I really wanted to like this one... It's very nice in all sorts of ways, but it has stained my hands too many times. This is an Omas Extra 620, piston-filled. I bought it on eBay from someone who claimed it had sat unused for a decade or two after being a gift.

The dream of an inexpensive Omas turned sour... This has a very nice nib, which is steel, I believe, but still very soft and pleasant to write with. But there are several defects:

-- the ring on the cap is loose, as you can see in some of the photos
-- the piston is very stiff (but it works)
-- the cap is also very stiff/tight to put on and remove

Perhaps as a consequence of the last, ink consistently leaks into the cap. This might just be from the pressure generated by trying to remove the cap, which is very very tight.

These seem to go for around 100; I'm asking $50 plust $6 shipping in CONUS. Contact me if you want it shipped internationally. PRICE REDUCED.

You can see a drop of water on the nib from the last time it stained me --- I decided to give it a good cleaning and give up.

jar
October 15th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Should you fix the topic title.

The 620 was a nice school pen and yes, the nib is steel.

fqgouvea
October 15th, 2015, 07:50 PM
Thanks, have fixed the title. Or tried to. Has it now come out right?

Fernando

fqgouvea
October 15th, 2015, 07:54 PM
No, clearly the thread still says 360 even though the title of the first post now says 620. If anyone can tell me how to change the thread title, I'll happily do so. Darn fingers!

Fernando

KBeezie
October 15th, 2015, 09:26 PM
No, clearly the thread still says 360 even though the title of the first post now says 620. If anyone can tell me how to change the thread title, I'll happily do so. Darn fingers!

Fernando

Best and surest option is to report your own post and mention the mistake so a moderator can take care of it.

ChrisC
October 15th, 2015, 11:13 PM
If the pen cap pressure from being removed is causing a leakage issue, the answer might be to drill in a small breather hole. I have no idea how or where to place such a hole, but I believe that's why many pens from the 50s and before have the breather hole in the cap.

fqgouvea
October 15th, 2015, 11:56 PM
Best and surest option is to report your own post and mention the mistake so a moderator can take care of it.

Thanks. Have done that.

fqgouvea
October 22nd, 2015, 11:07 AM
Price reduced.

vpen
October 22nd, 2015, 12:05 PM
Any idea how old is this pen?

fqgouvea
October 22nd, 2015, 06:07 PM
The seller told me it had sat around in its box unused for some 20 years, which would make it mid-90s.

Fernando Gouvêa -- fqgouvea@roadrunner.com

fqgouvea
October 31st, 2015, 07:49 AM
Bump. Still looking to sell this one.

fqgouvea
November 21st, 2015, 08:48 AM
Withdrawn for now. Will try again later.