PDA

View Full Version : Sale Part 5 - Higher-End Vintage - Parker, Waterman, Schnell, Conklin, Sheaffer

BrianMcQueen
October 16th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Terms of sale:

First email to briancmcqueen (at) gmail (dot) com that says "I want it" gets the pen. I will answer questions and provide more pictures, but the first "I want it" gets it. Don't send me a Private Message on the forums or on Facebook. Shipping is $5 for US with tracking. Shipping out of country is possible. I will have to calculate based on location. I will combine shipping. Paypal and Square are accepted forms of payment.

Grading system:
Mint - Mint. Never ever had ink. No damage apart from very light marks from drawer wear.
NM - Near Mint. Very nice condition. Esentially mint, but has seen ink.
Exc. - Excellent. A few stray marks. Possibly some brassing which is noted in comments.
VG - Very Good. Some heavier marks which may not polish out.
User - User grade. Serious flaws noted.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/764/22219483522_1d16c384bf_k.jpg

Click on the image for a high-res version

5A $100 Parker Jointless 018 BHR VG. Overall olive discoloration. Nib has no iridium. No cracks SOLD

5B $80 Parker Vacuum Filler Silver Pearl User. Restored. Darkening of barrel. Plastic is starting the "ribbing" effect. Trim has wear. Blind cap tassie has ding. Imprint very weak. Wrong (later) two-tone nib. Still it is a Vacuum Filler, and all parts are present. SOLD

5C $225 Parker Vacumatic Silver Pearl Mint. Stickered. No "F.E. Tax" sticker. 3rd gen Major. Diaphraghm has not been replaced.

5D $250 Parker Vacumatic Azure Pearl Mint. Stickered. Stickers a little torn. 3rd gen Major. Diaphragm was removed to preserve water-clear transparency. SOLD

5E $500 Parker Vacumatic Burgundy Pearl Exc. Very light brassing to cap band. Light brassing on tassie. One small ding on tassie and one small ding on cap band. Clip is heavily brassed. Plastic is in excellent condition with great color. Transparency is dark ruby. Nib is two-tone with plating 90% intact. There is a small dent in the nib, below the feathers, which does not affect writing. Restored. Fine point.

5F $225 Schnell Penselpen Black/Pearl Exc. Good color with light ambering in spots. Some trim pitting to nose cone. Light brassing to lever and very light brassing to bottom cap band. Sac has been removed to preserve color.

5G $800 Conklin Halloween Halloween NM. Stickered. Near perfect example with no brassing and perfect color. Almost mint. Used very few times, I'm sure.

5H $550 Sheaffer Loaner Cherry Red Exc. First style loaner pen with Z clip. Clip has slight bend like it was sprung and then bent back. Beautiful color with light black speckles. Light shrinkage to bottom of pen and top of cap. Sheaffer Self Filling #5 nib. Sac has been removed.

5I $450 Waterman #7 Red Ripple Exc. Lightly flexible Red nib. Couple tiny specks of brassing. Original color bands on cap. Restored. SOLD

5J $350 Parker 75 Fougere Sterling Exc. Medium nib. Working with converter included.