PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk is messed up, October 2015

fqgouvea
October 20th, 2015, 08:37 AM
I can't seem to use Tapatalk to access FPGeeks any more. When I try, I get a message saying to let "them" know about the problem. This sends an email into, I suspect, the great bit-bucket in the sky, because I've never had any response and the problem hasn't been fixed. I'm using the app on my iPad.

Any hints?

Fernando

nospam666
October 22nd, 2015, 12:47 AM
Hmm, it's working well for me but I'm on Android and no longer have an ios device.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Crazyorange
October 22nd, 2015, 07:54 AM
Mine is working. I did get an error message but then had no problems. Tap talk is a weird creature...always changing and often not working well.

fqgouvea
October 22nd, 2015, 11:04 AM
Today it seems to be working. It may still be a bit temperamental depending on how I access FPGeeks.

Anyway, if someone out there fixed it, thank you!

Hawk
October 22nd, 2015, 01:45 PM
I have tried to use tapatalk a few times with bad results. What is its advantage? I just log on directly to the forum on Safari. Works great on three different generations of iPads.

nospam666
October 22nd, 2015, 03:22 PM
I have tried to use tapatalk a few times with bad results. What is its advantage? I just log on directly to the forum on Safari. Works great on three different generations of iPads.
The biggest advantage for me is that the text is sized to the windows. If I use a browser on my phone and expand the text to a size where I can read, then I have to scroll left and right to read every post because the browser does not resize itself. Long explanation from somebody suffering from vision problems.

fqgouvea
October 22nd, 2015, 06:04 PM
I enjoy using the "unread" tab to see all the posts I haven't yet looked at. And the red dot warning me that there's a PM.

Fernando Gouvêa -- fqgouvea@roadrunner.com

Hawk
October 22nd, 2015, 07:18 PM
I rarely use my phone for web stuff. That would be an advantage in that case. With the iPad it isn't necessary.

Newjelan
October 23rd, 2015, 01:58 AM
I use Tapatalk on my iPad for fpgeeks, not having any problems. I also use the "unread" tab to quickly scan through new material and see what I want to peruse.

nospam666
October 23rd, 2015, 02:44 AM
It's also very nice to get notifications for all of the forums that I follow on one tab. If anyone private messages or quotes me on any forum, I see it on one Notifications tab instead of having to visit every forum.

RayCornett
October 27th, 2015, 10:44 AM
I used it for about 10 minutes. Maybe 9 of that was trying to navigate. If you have a smart phone already, just go to the website on your phone browser and skip the eternally wonky app.....