PDA

View Full Version : FS: Four Esterbrook J Restored and Ready To Write

penwash
October 22nd, 2015, 04:56 PM
IMPORTANT:
- These pens are restored before I bought them as a set from the seller. There is the Blue one from the same set, that I am keeping. I filled up with ink and I've been using it a couple of days without any problems at all (absolutely love it).

- I have inspected one or two of these by taking out the nib section and peeking inside the barrel with my flashlight: The new sac looks clean and nice, and the lever compresses it nicely

- I also dip tested all of these 4 pens and they all write well. I did *not* ink them up.

- All of these 4 pens are gorgeous cosmetically. Proofing to me that there is no ugly Esterbrook J colors. I do not claim these to be perfect because these are not NOS. But I'd be happy to keep any of it. I chose the Blue one because I like the nib characteristics the most.

With that said, here are the ones for sale:

1. SOLD
Color: Red
Nib: 9460 Manifold M (Carbon Copies)
Note: To my eyes, this M is closer to Fine. Very crisp lines, some line variations with pressure
Price: $35

2. TRADED
Color: Green
Nib: 9968 Firm B
Note: Traded
Price: $30

3. https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/611/22377155922_0a3ef83c8d_b.jpg
Color: Grey
Nib: 2668 Firm M
Note: Very smooth and nice, wet M nib
Price: $30

4. https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5729/22401062111_1957bdba31_b.jpg
Color: Black
Nib: 9314-F Relief F Stub
Note: This pen feels more substantial than the others. The F nib is crisp, nice, and with quite a bit of line variation
Price: $35

Shipping is $3 within US regardless how many pens you get.
I prefer US buyers, but I will entertain international offer to buy as a set (all 2).
Price for both as a set: $60 (shipping included within US, international buyer will add shipping cost)

Lancaster
October 24th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Nice pens, very tempting!

Jholden
October 25th, 2015, 08:15 PM
Interested in the red.

penwash
October 26th, 2015, 07:32 AM
Update: The trader chose the Green Esterbrook J but with the Broad nib, thanks to be beautiful swappable Esterbrook nib system, this can be accommodated.

So now the Grey one has the Firm Medium instead. The FS post above is updated. Still available.

penwash
October 27th, 2015, 06:54 PM
Update: The Red one is sold. Now only the Grey and Black remains available. Get them soon.

Trade option: If you have a solid-color Pilot Prera that you don't really gel with, trade it with one of these Esties. Nib type does not matter, it has to be in a lightly used condition though.

penwash
October 30th, 2015, 08:28 AM
BUMP

:bump2: