PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Texas

carlos63
October 29th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Hello, I am new to boards, in fact this is my first one so please feel free to help me along. However, I LOVE fountain pens. I received my first fountain pen on Fathers Day when my son was born (that was 11 years ago). It is a MB Generations with a gold medium nib and I will cherish it forever due to it's sentimentality. I love FP Geeks.com and have been viewing it for almost a year. I am a registered member of FPN and have been viewing it for 6-8 months. I am looking forward to being apart of the pen community and coming to know many of you (I know some of you from FP Geeks.com and the FPN). :)

Charlie

auto winder
October 29th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Welcome! :welcome:

writingrav
October 29th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Welcome to the Geek Kingdom!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jar
October 29th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Welcome Home Charlie, pull up a Mesquite stump and set a spell.

fountainpenkid
October 29th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Welcome!

KrazyIvan
October 29th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Welcome to the dark side Charlie, what part of Texas? I am in far west Texas.

carlos63
October 29th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Welcome Home Charlie, pull up a Mesquite stump and set a spell.

Welcome to the dark side Charlie, what part of Texas? I am in far west Texas.

Southeast Texas, along the Gulf Coast.

Thank You All

jar
October 29th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Southeast Texas, along the Gulf Coast.

Thank You All

How far south? SPI?

Bogon07
October 30th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Hello and welcome Carlos63

carlos63
November 2nd, 2012, 02:23 AM
How far south? SPI?

No not SPI I'm a little north of that in Mid-County (used to be called the golden triangle)

Dee8go
November 2nd, 2012, 02:26 PM
Heh-roh! I just joined and am in Washington, DC. I suspect there must be a few members here from this fine city, as the fountain pen market seems fairly robust here.

carlos63
November 2nd, 2012, 02:35 PM
Welcome to the Geeks Dee8go!

writingrav
November 2nd, 2012, 02:40 PM
Welcome to Geek World!

babbaboooey
November 2nd, 2012, 06:26 PM
Seeing the dc post above makes my wish philly had more outlets other than one in the airport and a store in the mall. You would think philly would have more stores. Curious.

writingrav
November 3rd, 2012, 06:32 AM
Seeing the dc post above makes my wish philly had more outlets other than one in the airport and a store in the mall. You would think philly would have more stores. Curious.

I absolutely agree. Can't figure out why there is not a shop on Walnut Street. Even all the old general stationary stores are gone. Someone is missing an opportunity.

Dee8go
November 3rd, 2012, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I'm surprised Philly doesn't either. I got to Holts Cigar store on Walnut whenever I'm up there. A pen store of the same caliber as Holts would be a fine addition. DC seems to be fortunate in that regard. The pen show they have here in August is well worth a drive to come to. It is huge! They bill it as the largest pen show in the world. That sounds like hyperbole to me, but it's the only one I've been to, so have nothing with which to compare it.