PDA

View Full Version : Newton Shinobi with a special nib...

tandaina
November 5th, 2015, 10:48 AM
I got a new pen!!!! :) This is the year of the custom pen I suppose because this is my second very special custom pen. Review with lots, and lots of pictures available on my website (http://wp.me/p6twCI-2J).

I really recommend Shawn, he was lovely to work with the whole process and even discovered a billing error and sent me money back! He has definitely gotten more busy and I had to wait a while, but you know that just makes it a big like Christmas when a box arrives out of the blue and there' something highly anticipated inside. ;)

Crazyorange
November 5th, 2015, 04:00 PM
Your pen is beautiful. Such a dream to get the perfect nib from a vague eBay listing. Congrats!!!

mtnbiker62
November 5th, 2015, 08:57 PM
It's an amazing pen, but an even better story! Congratulations on a wonderful pen.

rpsyed
November 7th, 2015, 02:26 PM
The Shinobi is such a cool model and yours is really special. I hope it brings you enjoyment for many years to come :)

Newton Pens
November 7th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the awesome review!

earthdawn
November 7th, 2015, 07:37 PM
Congrats.... it's beautiful.

MMMmmmmmmmmmm So are you going to eyedropper it or use the converter?

tandaina
November 7th, 2015, 10:13 PM
No way to use a converter with a nib and feed like this! A converter requires a nib unit built to attach to the converter. There is no nib unit, Shawn just built a section that friction fits the nib and feed. Eye dropper is the only possibility.

Newton Pens
November 8th, 2015, 07:35 AM
Yeah, pretty much. Friction fit nibs and feeds can be built using eyedropper, button or piston filler.