PDA

View Full Version : Sac-Type Converters

Armstrong
November 6th, 2015, 01:46 AM
Who makes sac type converters in a modern pen? Is it just some of the Japanese companies? The Pilot Con-20 comes to mind.

jar
November 6th, 2015, 06:33 AM
Aurora still offers the Trik-Trak squeeze converter. Sheaffer still offers their squeeze converter and the converter in the Legacy and Legacy 2 was a sac converter. Also the Parker squeeze converters are still available.

Kaputnik
November 6th, 2015, 07:20 AM
Converters made for the Kaweco Sport line (I'm not clear if they are actually made by Kaweco itself) are squeeze type. They are also, in my experience, singularly ineffective, but that's another matter.:jester:

Sailor Kenshin
November 6th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Converters made for the Kaweco Sport line (I'm not clear if they are actually made by Kaweco itself) are squeeze type. They are also, in my experience, singularly ineffective, but that's another matter.:jester:

Mine didn't even fit the pen.

Armstrong
November 7th, 2015, 04:47 PM
Alright, so what we have here so far is:

Pilot Con-20 (which seems to work reasonably well and hold more ink than the piston type)
Aurora Trik-Trak
Sheaffer
Parker
Kaweco Sport (but has a bad rep.)

The Pilot Con-20 is contemporary and possibly the Kaweco. It sounded like some of the others like Sheaffer and Parker might be vintage and not currently made? Is that true? What about the Aurora?

jar
November 7th, 2015, 06:39 PM
Alright, so what we have here so far is:

Pilot Con-20 (which seems to work reasonably well and hold more ink than the piston type)
Aurora Trik-Trak
Sheaffer
Parker
Kaweco Sport (but has a bad rep.)

The Pilot Con-20 is contemporary and possibly the Kaweco. It sounded like some of the others like Sheaffer and Parker might be vintage and not currently made? Is that true? What about the Aurora?

The Sheaffer sac based converters were still available from Sheaffer last time I checked (ordered a couple replacement Legacy converters to have on hand)but I have no idea when they were made.

http://www.fototime.com/316845275CE82D4/large.jpg