PDA

View Full Version : Ink Review: Kaweco Midnight Blue

Chrissy
November 6th, 2015, 04:14 AM
I posted a review of the Kaweco AL Sport Stonewashed FP (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/13813-Pen-Review-Kaweco-AL-Sport-Stonewashed-Blue-FP) in Pen Reviews.

I am now adding a separate review of the Kaweco Midnight Blue ink that I used in that pen. I used a cartridge, and the AL Sport Stonewashed Blue pen has a F steel nib.

This Midnight Blue is lighter than some other blue-black inks, but it's a really well behaved dark blue, and it has some lovely shading. It isn't waterproof, but was reasonably water resistant. I moved the water around with my finger, then blotted it off, yet I can still see ink remains.

It's a reasonably saturated ink. I would say it's definitely worth considering.

stub
November 9th, 2015, 01:36 AM
Is that the regular Diamine Bl-Blk or the Anniversary? I have the anniversary and over here I get almost no Blue at all but a mostly charcoal color. That one actually looks like a Navy blue with no Black (close to Midnight, Midnight blue, Eclipse) haha.

If only they would combine their 2 Bl-Blks.

Dear Diamine. With all the colors you make. Please try to manage a real Blue Black. haha.

Chrissy
November 9th, 2015, 03:15 AM
Is that the regular Diamine Bl-Blk or the Anniversary? I have the anniversary and over here I get almost no Blue at all but a mostly charcoal color. That one actually looks like a Navy blue with no Black (close to Midnight, Midnight blue, Eclipse) haha.

If only they would combine their 2 Bl-Blks.

Dear Diamine. With all the colors you make. Please try to manage a real Blue Black. haha.

That one is the 150th anniversary 1864 Blue-Black. Sorry, I forgot what the number was when I was writing the ink name, so I meant to add it later. Doh! I'm an air-head!

Mine is definitely a rather blue, blue-black

stub
November 9th, 2015, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the review and the clarification. Much appreciated.

Waltman
November 10th, 2015, 06:44 AM
Thank you for the review. I've recently tried Kaweco's Midnight Blue (cartridge) as well and am pleased with its performance.