PDA

View Full Version : WHERE IS ERIC?

Saintpaulia
November 1st, 2012, 09:01 PM
I saw the poll about when Eric would return but that didn't tell me why he has been gone in the first place. Anyone know what's up? He is missed (by me at least but I suspect by many).

JustDaveyB
November 2nd, 2012, 01:07 AM
Hasn't he gone south of the Rio Grande?

Maja
November 2nd, 2012, 03:14 AM
I thought he was in Mexico, but had internet connectivity problems and had to miss the last few FPGeeks TV shows...

John the Monkey
November 2nd, 2012, 06:24 AM
I'm not sure if we're allowed to say, but I heard he was out training the FP Geeks fountain pen ninjas...

KrazyIvan
November 2nd, 2012, 10:14 AM
Fountain Pen/Contra scandal brewing right before the elections.

Saintpaulia
November 2nd, 2012, 11:24 AM
Hasn't he gone south of the Rio Grande?
Well...yeah. I saw that news some while ago. Seem like ages now. But I thought somehow that was a short vacation not a semi-permanent stay.

jar
November 2nd, 2012, 11:58 AM
http://www.fototime.com/08C0A624FE7F326/medium800.jpg

Possible sighting during cerveza run. Awaiting confirmation but all NSA assets have prior commitments.

Saintpaulia
November 2nd, 2012, 12:32 PM
Seeing those hats, it's Mexico alright! :thumb:

dannzeman
November 2nd, 2012, 09:54 PM
This thread is awesome! Added rep for all of you!

Ok, I just a thought. I want everyone to come up with the wildest story they can for why Eric fled went to Mexico and/or what has happened to him.

Personally, I think he is working on a new ink formula that uses water from Mexico and makes pens made from anywhere else in the world sick.

dgator
November 2nd, 2012, 10:08 PM
A far away mining camp run by renegade apes....hot on the trail of Greg Minuskin's nib source.

Saintpaulia
November 2nd, 2012, 10:21 PM
This thread is awesome! Added rep for all of you!

Dan I'll see what I can come up with, but first, what is "rep"?

dannzeman
November 3rd, 2012, 07:48 AM
You can add to a users "reputation" by clicking the little sheriff badge looking icon. That then adds to the person's "Rep Power".

dannzeman
November 3rd, 2012, 07:52 AM
You can also search the FAQ for "reputation" for a more detailed explanation. http://fpgeeks.com/forum/faq.php

Saintpaulia
November 3rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
I have been told by certain reputable sources, that Eric has been sent to this canyon in northern Sonora on a vision quest by his Tohono O'odham Indian guru, Don Jose. Eric has adopted the nagual name "Hinojoso", made certain transpecies alliances with Raven, and has been waiting patiently for his Vision. If successful in this difficult but wonderful endeavor he may be able to come back to this World and lead us in a transcendental realization of the Higher Meaning of ink and pen.

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s599/Breck22/52GenlviewofAlamoCanyonarea.jpg

auto winder
November 3rd, 2012, 11:55 AM
Meanwhile, any rumors of Eric being sighted in a canoo on a Norwegian fjord are highly dubious, reports a flock of confused moose.

Saintpaulia
November 3rd, 2012, 12:16 PM
Meanwhile, any rumors of Eric being sighted in a canoo on a Norwegian fjord are highly dubious, reports a flock of confused moose.
Indeed dubious as moose do not "flock". Moose are collectively grouped as a "herd".

auto winder
November 3rd, 2012, 12:40 PM
Indeed dubious as moose do not "flock". Moose are collectively grouped as a "herd".

Good point! (Although perhaps they flock when they get confused?)

Saintpaulia
November 3rd, 2012, 02:42 PM
Good point! (Although perhaps they flock when they get confused?)

This is all fascinating chit-chat I am sure :) but we still need to find out for sure "Where is Eric"?
Plenty of rumor but few facts eh?

Scrib
November 4th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Word has it that the Daily Carry pens Eric took with him were kidnapped before he made it back across the border into the US. When he discovered they were missing he flew into such a rage that he was immediately taken into custody by the authorities. Since then any signs of life or contact to the outside world have been few and far between. The only explanation that has made its way across the border appears to have been heavily censored and alludes to internet connection issues. Meanwhile the ransom notes addressed to Eric from the pennappers have been collecting dust on the desk of an unconcerned guard at the border.

snedwos
November 4th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I'm not sure if we're allowed to say, but I heard he was out training the FP Geeks fountain pen ninjas...

FPGeeks cannot confirm or deny the existence of a squad of highly trained [REDACTED].

John the Monkey
November 6th, 2012, 02:07 AM
I heard Eric had ventured further into South America, in search of the fabled Nibburat of Montblancezuma.

In support of that tale, I recieved this engraving in (Waterman Green) recently;

Which purports to be from his expedition.

halidak
November 6th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Rumour has it that Eric was contacted by a man who goes by the name Arnold Margolese to find an ancient fountain pen, called ‘The Mexican’.
This pen is believed to be carrying a curse on it.

Legend goes like this; an apprentice of a nibmeister falls in love with the daughter of his master and asks for permission to marry her from the master. The nibmeister, however, has other plans for his daughter. He wants her to marry a seigneur and makes a very special, ultra limited edition fountain pen out of sterling silver and crushed rubies and emeralds for the seigneur as a wedding gift. The apprentice, who becomes berserk with grief after he learns his master’s plans, asks his great great grand-father for help. The very old Aztecan man feels pity for his grandson’s desperation and curses the fountain pen just the night before it’s to be presented to the seigneur.

There are various rumours about the actual nature and effects of the curse. Some say it makes your heart stop the moment you hold the pen, some say it makes the pen explode, splattering a BaystateBlue-like ink, into your face and some say it just makes the pen feels exactly like a ballpoint on the paper causing the user to scream in agony whenever he wishes to write. Some even claims that the curse turns the pen into an unbelievably good writer - a pen that no man on earth has ever written with anything like, so that the person cannot stop writing when he begins. He writes and he writes and he writes until he dies out of dehydration/starvation and exhaustion.

Whatever the curse is there is one thing Legend tells us; both the seigneur and the master’s daughter die in the first night of their marriage. The apprentice, who now has gone completely frantic, steals the pen and hides it somewhere in the mountains before he throws himself off the cliff.

No one could ever find ‘The Mexican’ since then but the search goes on relentlessly. Hollywood even made a movie about previous failed attempts. Well, they obviously changed some details in the movie and replaced, for instance, the pen with a revolver. After all, a fountain pen wouldn’t be as exciting as a pistol for the rest of the world.

Last I heard is that Montblanc has secretly formed a special task force within Hamburg HQ to find ‘The Mexican’ and put that Arnold Margolese in charge of it. He then hired Eric ‘the FP Geek’ to become the 'leading field agent' for his extensive knowledge on Alfred Hitchcock 888 Edition, TWSBI Mini and all other clip-less pens. (Apparently this pen had a clip like an 'Aztec Sword' in the beginning but has lost it during the course of events and now should be clipless)

What happened after that is a complete mystery. Maybe he’s still searching it in the depths of forsaken Aztec temples, maybe something went wrong and he had to seek asylum from Cuba….

or maybe…

Maybe he actually found it and, God forbid, tried to ink it up with Iroshizuku Fuyu-syogun. He may now be living in a state of Nirvana of writing somewhere in Mexico and writing and writing and writing!

KrazyIvan
November 6th, 2012, 03:00 PM
You, sir, deserve more rep power.

Edit: I don't know what happened but I can't give rep power anymore. :(

NVM, I just could not remember how to do it. :crazy_pilot:

dante philo
November 6th, 2012, 03:48 PM
We have him locked up in our condo until he reveals the secret of filling a pen without hand stains.

fountainpenkid
November 6th, 2012, 05:04 PM
You, sir, deserve more rep power.

Edit: I don't know what happened but I can't give rep power anymore. :(

NVM, I just could not remember how to do it. :crazy_pilot:

I might be wrong, but I think its the badge on the bottom left corner of each post.

Chris1950
November 12th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Eric's new FP design with maximum ink capacity.

dannzeman
November 12th, 2012, 12:18 PM

Moar upvotes for you!

Ravenlunatic
November 12th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I was told, by a totally unreliable source, that Waldo had kidnapped him.

fountainpenkid
November 12th, 2012, 04:19 PM

With a Pilot Falcon flex nib I see? ;)

snedwos
November 13th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I was told, by a totally unreliable source, that Waldo had kidnapped him.

You mean Wally?

snedwos
November 14th, 2012, 06:24 AM
I must say, if he turns up in the next show wearing a woolly hat and a stripy jumper I shall bow down and hail him.

Greg Minuskin
November 16th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Oh yes, I am harboring Eric in my secret nib "Spider Hole" where, with monk like dedication, I am training him to become one of minions who will take over the nib world!"

He he he he!

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

Greg Minuskin
November 16th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Look to the left; you can see the entrance to the special nib grinding training compound, under the dead wood and just right of the Ocotillo plant!

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

KrazyIvan
September 27th, 2013, 08:35 AM
I felt an overwhelming need to revive this thread.

kaisnowbird
September 27th, 2013, 05:11 PM
I felt an overwhelming need to revive this thread.

Thank you for doing this Ivan. Didn't Lisa Anderson mention near the end of their latest podcast that she received a message from Eric?
So not all hopes are lost...

heraclitus682
September 27th, 2013, 05:55 PM
I know this thread has become a joke, but I really do miss Eric on the podcasts. He doesn't even seem to post anymore.

Bogon07
September 27th, 2013, 06:02 PM
I miss Eric and the podcasts. :cry:

kaisnowbird
September 27th, 2013, 06:27 PM
I miss Eric and the podcasts. :cry:

Me too. I hope he's alright and enjoying whatever he's doing.

writingrav
September 28th, 2013, 11:50 AM
I posted in the thread about podcasts the other day asking when and if the podcasts might resume and got not response. I miss them also.

Tracy Lee
September 28th, 2013, 12:51 PM
I've heard October they will return, from what Azizah has said at various times in chat. Haven't heard beyond that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Mags
September 28th, 2013, 04:34 PM
I think they should interview KrazyIvan on an upcoming episode he has some interesting pen posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

KrazyIvan
September 28th, 2013, 10:27 PM
I think they should interview KrazyIvan on an upcoming episode he has some interesting pen posts.

:noidea: :jaw:

I do thank you for the sentiment. :D I would have to get over my camera "shy-ness" first.

kaisnowbird
September 29th, 2013, 04:30 AM

FP Geeks interviewing the FP Sith Lord, that would be so cool!

Mags
September 29th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Perhaps KrazyIvan as a caller then the first time. You could use your best James Earl Jones accent to describe pens strong in the force.

cwent2
September 29th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Perhaps KrazyIvan as a caller then the first time. You could use your best James Earl Jones accent to describe pens strong in the force.

Lol

KrazyIvan
September 29th, 2013, 01:29 PM

That would be awesome!

dannzeman
September 29th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Eric has no foreseeable plans to come back to FPGeeks. Not that he quit, or left, or is unhappy with FPG, just that he's pursuing other activities and doesn't know when or if he'll come back.

The podcast is tentatively scheduled to come back some time in October. The issue is finding regular hosts, guests, and informative content. Before, I didn't have a daughter and we were able to put an outline together a few hours before the show. Now, it takes more planning and research to put together a good show, and honestly, I'd rather spend that time with my daughter.

We'll try to keep you updated.

kaisnowbird
October 2nd, 2013, 05:50 AM
Have you guys seen this video for Edison Pens? "Produced by Eric Schneider". Really nicely done. :tea:

http://youtu.be/9KYJPfFwBWc

Mags
October 4th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Have you guys seen this video for Edison Pens? "Produced by Eric Schneider". Really nicely done. :tea:

No just viewed it. well done !

Tracy Lee
October 5th, 2013, 06:09 AM

No just viewed it. well done !

Agree, that was really nice!!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

bluefeathers
October 29th, 2013, 10:42 PM
A sort of related question: what does Eric do (for a living)? I've always been curious!

kaisnowbird
October 30th, 2013, 05:54 AM
I'm just as curious as you are, but reckon that's really his personal affairs.
Judging by some of his fine work, I'd venture a guess that he at least had a fling with the entertainment industry.
Given his wit and zest for life, I'd say whatever he does, he does it with style and good humour.
:fans:

KrazyIvan
October 30th, 2013, 08:27 AM
He mentioned it casually in one of the early podcasts. I think he owns a web hosting company.

bluefeathers
November 3rd, 2013, 07:56 PM
Interesting, wow, I would never have guessed that! I didn't even know there was such a thing to be honest...

januaryman
November 6th, 2013, 07:28 AM
I thought he was in the witness protection program.

reprieve
November 6th, 2013, 04:16 PM
He's living the sweet life on some Tahitian island, drinking rum out of coconuts with tiny umbrellas.

Tracy Lee
November 6th, 2013, 04:37 PM

Oh great, now we have to kill you.

tannie
November 7th, 2013, 02:33 AM

Oh great, now we have to kill you.

Could you at least try and not make it messy this time?

kaisnowbird
November 14th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Was watching the Andersons' latest podcast last night. Mr Schneider made an appearance at the Ohio Pen Show.

KrazyIvan
November 14th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Yup. He was live tweeting some photos the other day.

manoeuver
November 15th, 2013, 06:28 AM
I can attest he's alive and mysterious as ever.

pengeezer
January 10th, 2014, 07:57 AM
OK,I have to plead ignorance.......is this the same Eric
that's usually seen in the Italian pen forum on FPN? I confess I haven't seen much of
him there either......

John

KrazyIvan
January 10th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Last twitter reports have him relaxing in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

pengeezer
January 10th, 2014, 08:27 AM

But is this the same Eric from FPN?

John

KrazyIvan
January 10th, 2014, 08:29 AM

But is this the same Eric from FPN?

John

I do not know Eric from FPN. At least I don't think so. I am speaking of Eric of FPGeeks as in the gentleman that used to help host the FPGeek TV episodes and the Eric this thread is about.

pengeezer
January 10th, 2014, 08:47 AM
The Eric I was speaking of frequented the Italian pen forum on FPN
and was the go-to guru for those seeking info on Omas pens.

John

KrazyIvan
January 10th, 2014, 08:54 AM
The Eric I was speaking of frequented the Italian pen forum on FPN
and was the go-to guru for those seeking info on Omas pens.

John

Unless that happens to be eriquito at FPN (http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/25517-eriquito/) then no, we are not talking the same person.

pengeezer
January 10th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Nope,has to be a different person--I was talking with
him on FPN before `09.

John

ethernautrix
January 10th, 2014, 04:36 PM
I know which Eric you're talking about, and he isn't Eric from fpgeeks. I wonder what's up with him (Omas Eric). Hope all is well.

pengeezer
January 10th, 2014, 04:53 PM
I know which Eric you're talking about, and he isn't Eric from fpgeeks. I wonder what's up with him (Omas Eric). Hope all is well.

I do too,since I haven't heard from him in a while. Would be
nice to have him join here.

John

top pen
August 26th, 2014, 11:24 AM
I apologies if this has been covered in other threads but from what I recall there used to be another curator of the website in the same way that Dan and Sbrebrown are. I was wondering what happened to him as those "Awesome Reviews" made for some good balanced reading.

tarheel1
August 26th, 2014, 11:35 AM
He is spending time in Mexico from what I hear.

snedwos
August 26th, 2014, 08:31 PM
I miss Eric. I miss FPTV, too. Which I never really used to watch, but now it's gone...

snedwos
August 26th, 2014, 08:36 PM
http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/1392-WHERE-IS-ERIC?

erpe
August 26th, 2014, 09:52 PM
At a certain point, Eric seems to have decided that nobody needs more than 12 pens so he didn't realty fit in the community anymore :)
I miss the FPTV too...

dannzeman
August 27th, 2014, 05:01 AM
FYI, I merged the "What Happened to Eric?" thread with the original "WHERE IS ERIC?" thread.

tarheel1
August 27th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Well since you combined them my theory is that the cartels captured him and holding for ransom. They are asking for the m800 tortious and a few other pens as pell as a lifetime supply od parker penman sapphire ink. Unfortunately Lisa Anderson says no one is worth her supply of the ink. I guess all hope is lost to get Eric back.

Ernst Bitterman
September 3rd, 2014, 01:42 PM
I suspect the Englishman who was keeping him as a pet forgot to re-licence him when getting the dog, fish, cat and half-bee papers updated.

tannie
September 3rd, 2014, 02:02 PM
He happily lives in my basement. Please send me ink and pens to pass on. No, no scam, really!

PeppWaves03
March 6th, 2015, 09:50 AM
I think with the recent news on fpgeek we all need to be asking this question again: where is Eric????

Jon Szanto
March 6th, 2015, 10:47 AM
I think with the recent news on fpgeek we all need to be asking this question again: where is Eric????

I don't give a shit *where* he is. I want him to come in here, to this community he started up (and then apparently walked away from) and explain just precisely why all the turmoil, and what it means for the future of this forum.

ETA: I've 'struck out' my comment above, but left it in place to not whitewash my own thoughts. I really don't wish ill on Eric, as I don't know him personally. I don't consider any of this as a personal issue, but one of responsibility to this community. I hope this makes that more clear.

2nd ETA: Since I have posted this, Eric has posted in another thread, with a bit of explanation.

Hawk
March 6th, 2015, 10:58 AM
I heard he recently fled to Cuba because of all the outragous stories on this thread and as soon as he can get internet service, he will defect to one of the other pen forums under an alias that no one can figure out. I hpoe he likes the cigars.

TSherbs
March 6th, 2015, 04:58 PM

I don't give a shit *where* he is. I want him to come in here, to this community he started up (and then apparently walked away from) and explain just precisely why all the turmoil, and what it means for the future of this forum.

ETA: I've 'struck out' my comment above, but left it in place to not whitewash my own thoughts. I really don't wish ill on Eric, as I don't know him personally. I don't consider any of this as a personal issue, but one of responsibility to this community. I hope this makes that more clear.

What's the big deal, really? People go away and come back all the time. Where's the shrug button?

It's just an internet chat forum about fountain pens. Which was only interrupted briefly, for less time than many of my power outages.

TSherbs
March 6th, 2015, 04:58 PM
I heard he recently fled to Cuba because of all the outragous stories on this thread and as soon as he can get internet service, he will defect to one of the other pen forums under an alias that no one can figure out. I hpoe he likes the cigars.

:) ....

snedwos
March 6th, 2015, 05:00 PM

What's the big deal, really? People go away and come back all the time. Where's the shrug button?

It's just an internet chat forum about fountain pens. Which was only interrupted briefly, for less time than many of my power outages.

Yes, but you always know that the power is going to come back.

Also, for those of us who have been here since the beginning, the thought of a rift between Dan and Eric is upsetting, quite frankly.

I missed Eric's presence, and to have his return be in this fashion...

TSherbs
March 6th, 2015, 05:08 PM

Also, for those of us who have been here since the beginning, the thought of a rift between Dan and Eric is upsetting, quite frankly.

oh, come on. This has given all the gossip mongers something to chew on semi-publicly. Or wave their internet-angst on a digital flag.

most of this should go to pm's, since it is none of our business, really. Talk amongst yourselves (I don't mean *you* in particular) only privately, and honor Eric's request for ideas on how to structure the site moving forward. Stay out of other people's private business unless you are asked for help.

Laura N
March 6th, 2015, 06:00 PM

oh, come on. This has given all the gossip mongers something to chew on semi-publicly. Or wave their internet-angst on a digital flag.

most of this should go to pm's, since it is none of our business, really. Talk amongst yourselves (I don't mean *you* in particular) only privately, and honor Eric's request for ideas on how to structure the site moving forward. Stay out of other people's private business unless you are asked for help.

If the place is not important to you ("its just an internet chat forum"; "shrug"), and you don't like the people here ("gossip mongers"), and you don't want the future of the forum discussed ("none of our business"), why are you here on this thread? Why do you get to tell committed members what they can discuss? Why criticize and demean people who are expressing their feelings about a place that is important to them?

If this attitude is going to be the tenor of the new FPG forum, I predict people will not be happy here. So there's no need to worry about "how to structure the site," because it will be just a few disinterested folks showing up every once in a while.

Eric has asked for ideas -- on the website -- and he seems to be reading people's posts. He isn't telling people to shut up. My advice, if he reads this, would be the opposite of yours. I'd advise him to listen to the people with the most attachment to the site, who have contributed the most, who have a real stake in this place. The people who care about the forum, who were upset by losing it, who've been here a while and post a lot -- that's the community. They are the people to listen to. They make the forum.

JMHO.

Jon Szanto
March 6th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Well said, Laura. I would have added "blow it out your ass", but I'm in a cranky mood with all this forum drama stuff surging in my veins. I'm so volatile.

Crazyorange
March 6th, 2015, 06:26 PM
Thank you Laura....beautifully put. Though I also like Jon's blow it out your ass addition.

Neo
March 6th, 2015, 06:27 PM
Thank you Laura....beautifully put. Though I also like Jon's blow it out your ass addition.

Ditto

Jon Szanto
March 6th, 2015, 06:40 PM

Haha... it takes a village. I swear, I'd make the world's worst diplomat, but it sure would be fun while it lasted!

Neo
March 6th, 2015, 06:45 PM

Haha... it takes a village. I swear, I'd make the world's worst diplomat, but it sure would be fun while it lasted!

Please don't start WWIII :laser::bolt:

Crazyorange
March 6th, 2015, 06:46 PM

Where's the spam mobile when we need it? ;)

lsmith42
March 6th, 2015, 06:50 PM

Jon Szanto
March 6th, 2015, 06:51 PM
http://www.paducahboatshow.com/2005/showinformation/spam_mobile2.jpg

Crazyorange
March 6th, 2015, 07:16 PM
As a group we haven't lost our humor.

Farmboy
March 7th, 2015, 12:31 AM
I vote for wild conjecture... I kindv liked the running off to Cuba story... but we can do better!
Will you explain to me what part of the forum is missing when we gather for the Posse?

Chrissy
March 7th, 2015, 05:51 AM

If the place is not important to you ("its just an internet chat forum"; "shrug"), and you don't like the people here ("gossip mongers"), and you don't want the future of the forum discussed ("none of our business"), why are you here on this thread? Why do you get to tell committed members what they can discuss? Why criticize and demean people who are expressing their feelings about a place that is important to them?

If this attitude is going to be the tenor of the new FPG forum, I predict people will not be happy here. So there's no need to worry about "how to structure the site," because it will be just a few disinterested folks showing up every once in a while.

Eric has asked for ideas -- on the website -- and he seems to be reading people's posts. He isn't telling people to shut up. My advice, if he reads this, would be the opposite of yours. I'd advise him to listen to the people with the most attachment to the site, who have contributed the most, who have a real stake in this place. The people who care about the forum, who were upset by losing it, who've been here a while and post a lot -- that's the community. They are the people to listen to. They make the forum.

JMHO.

That's no humble opinion. It's a very good opinion

TSherbs
March 7th, 2015, 07:27 AM

JMHO.
I guess I have as much right as the folks who have been swearing and calling Eric names. One poster even went so far as to try to publicly "shame" people (an effort doomed to failure, because it only shows the misplaced anger of the poster).

You are all entitled to your feelings and opinions. I am simply disagreeing with them (I assume there is no requirement of conformity here). This thread had a good bit of anger and scuttlebutt before I posted.

I am NOT trying to tell anyone what they "can" or "cannot" write. That would be a foolish endeavor.

Scrawler
March 7th, 2015, 09:28 AM
As a group we haven't lost our humor.

If that were to happen, in my case anyway, it would mean I have passed on into the inky void.

snedwos
March 7th, 2015, 11:15 AM

JMHO.
I guess I have as much right as the folks who have been swearing and calling Eric names. One poster even went so far as to try to publicly "shame" people (an effort doomed to failure, because it only shows the misplaced anger of the poster).

You are all entitled to your feelings and opinions. I am simply disagreeing with them (I assume there is no requirement of conformity here). This thread had a good bit of anger and scuttlebutt before I posted.

I am NOT trying to tell anyone what they "can" or "cannot" write. That would be a foolish endeavor.

As much right as folks who have been swearing and calling Eric names means no right. Those people were wrong too. Also, you weren't simply disagreeing with feelings, you were dismissing them. It's not the same. Saying "Come on, it's just a pen forum" suggests that you think it's silly to care about something unless you care about it. I strongly suspect that there are things that matter to you that I wouldn't give a rat's arse about, but I wouldn't dream of putting you down for it.

You weren't telling people what they can or can't write, but you were judging what people should or shouldn't feel. Which might not be foolish but certainly comes off as a bit rude.

All that now off my chest, I also believe everything you said was in good faith, and I think "blow it out your ass" is an overly hostile reaction.

Jon Szanto
March 7th, 2015, 11:27 AM
I also believe everything you said was in good faith, and I think "blow it out your ass" is an overly hostile reaction.

But I said it in such a light-hearted manner!

ethernautrix
March 7th, 2015, 11:52 AM
I also believe everything you said was in good faith, and I think "blow it out your ass" is an overly hostile reaction.

But I said it in such a light-hearted manner!

I see where the interpretation went sideways. Next time, try saying it like this: "Blow it out your ass, wheeee!"

snedwos
March 7th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Or use Comic Sans and a happy colour!

Jon Szanto
March 7th, 2015, 12:28 PM
http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1335715050134_407142.png

ethernautrix
March 7th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Until Fred can step in with some help, this will have to do.

TSherbs
March 7th, 2015, 12:56 PM

JMHO.

As much right as folks who have been swearing and calling Eric names means no right. Those people were wrong too. Also, you weren't simply disagreeing with feelings, you were dismissing them. It's not the same. Saying "Come on, it's just a pen forum" suggests that you think it's silly to care about something unless you care about it. I strongly suspect that there are things that matter to you that I wouldn't give a rat's arse about, but I wouldn't dream of putting you down for it.

You weren't telling people what they can or can't write, but you were judging what people should or shouldn't feel. Which might not be foolish but certainly comes off as a bit rude.

All that now off my chest, I also believe everything you said was in good faith, and I think "blow it out your ass" is an overly hostile reaction.

I suggested moving the speculation and rumor and vulgarity to pm's. It seems to me that the private ownership and corporate issues are none of our business, and that it is inappropriate for us to speculate on them openly.

Ste_S
March 27th, 2015, 02:47 AM
http://www.pearson.com.au/MC_images/_amazon/9780731225309.jpg