PDA

View Full Version : THE I CAN'T GET TO THE OHIO PEN SHOW SALE..... lots of cool stuff, plus some FLEXIES.

Rick Krantz
November 13th, 2015, 07:00 PM
Alright, so this is my I couldn’t get to the Ohio Pen Show due to Family issues sale… I know catchy title. So this group is pretty cool. I think there is something for everyone here, some interesting pens, some flexies, and the usual mix.
These all have a 1 year warranty, with exception to user damage, and even then, I will do my best to work with you.

Usual terms as below….

Shipping…
Domestic FREE
International, let’s split it… $5.00, standard, I’ll pay the rest.

Payment…
First email that says “I want that PEN!!!” gets it. Email me at ckrantz3@msn.com Paypal is much appreciated before Sunday, 3:00 AM Eastern (New pen hunt begins then, lol)

Warranty…
Yes, as above, 1 year on the restoration and writing of pen. If you mess it up, yeah… I’ll help you.

Okay… from Left to right… .

http://chiltonpens.com/forsale/nov13/nov14sale.jpg

A Ink-O –Graph in mottled hard rubber. Oversized pen, lever fill, stylograph. Actually works well, writes pretty smooth. Beautiful pen in great shape. Certainly different. ITEM PRICE $125

B Ink-O-Graph in moss agate plastic. Really pretty pen, converted from a stlyograph to a regular nibbed fountain pen, lever fill, nice 14K fine semi flex nib writes well. The stylo unit was damaged, but if you want it, I will send it along. Nice writer, cool pen ITEM PRICE $45

C Royal combo in pretty plastic. This is new never inked, but resacced and ready to write. Lower quality, but writes nice (at least it is smooth across paper) fine alloy plated nib (large sized nib) lever fill, pencil works. (RELIST… NEEDS TO GO) ITEM PRICE $25

D Sanford and Bennett in BCHR, accommodation clip, may or may not be right cap. This one has a mediumish Mabie Todd and Co. #4 14K nib that is semi flex plus. It writes nice and has a lot of character. I like flex nibs like this. Eyedropper fill, clean pen otherwise, slip cap. ITEM PRICE $60

E Sheaffer Junior in gray marble and red vein plastic. clean pen, lever fill, most of wear to trim is on the cap band. fine 14K Sheaffer Junior nib. few tiny stray marks on barrel end,(RELIST… NEEDS TO GO ) ITEM PRICE $35

F Sheaffer snorkel in black chrome cap. this one shows a little wear,cap has a few taps, but it's a first year model, 14K gold snorkel tube, alloy nib, that says "Sheaffer" and thats it. Medium point. rebuilt, new seal, new o ring, etc... cool pen if you don't have a gold tube in your collection ,(RELIST… NEEDS TO GO ) ITEM PRICE $40

G Sheaffer Snorkel in black nice deceny pen. Has a nice non conical 14K sheaffer 5 mediumish ball type nib, writes well. Rebuilt new o rings, seal, sac, some bites on the blind cap. ITEM PRICE $45

H Parker late stripped duofold pencil, clean, might need a little work or just lead. ITEM PRICE $15

I Parker 51 in Cocoa, aerometric filler, clean pen, cap has a few bright marks, clip trim isn’t perfect, but overall, a nice example. I did not replace the plyglass sac, it was really in good shape, but pen was otherwise taken down, cleaned, rebuilt. Fine nib, writes real nice. ITEM PRICE $90

J Waterman 32A in red veined steel quarts plastic. Pretty pattern, lever fill, wonderful flex nib Engraved “Leroy Haas” I believe this may be the husband’s pen and ITEM K is the wife’s pen. Kinda cool, they are similar in style of nib, but ITEM K is unreal in terms of flex. This one is pretty nice, the next one is over the top. This oen is relatively clean, the nib is a fine point, 14K waterman 2, that I would call a flexible nib, by any standard, goes from a fine to maybe 4 times width with minimal effort. ITEM PRICE $90

K Waterman 3V in dark steel quartz. AWESOME NIB… pretty pen, engraved “Evelyn Haas” (read above) Evelyn obviously had some flair, this thing is unbelievably flexible. It is almost an EF and flexes to maybe 5-6 times width with ease. It is almost too much for me, but it is a truly beautiful writing pen. It is clean, lever fill, someone will love this one. ITEM PRICE $120

L Waterman Cartridge pen, alloy nib, fine/medium, slip cap, decent condition, spare empty comes along. ITEM PRICE $20

M Esterbrook SJ in red, lever fill, 1551 nib, ITEM PRICE $25

N Esterbrook SJ in green, lever fill, 2314-M nib, ITEM PRICE $35

O Esterbrook SJ in black, lever fill, 2556 nib, ITEM PRICE $25

P Wearever in black veined pearl plastic, lever fill, cool looking so I saved it from the junk pile. Installed a nice 14K flexible fine nib, writes nice, have a cool flex pen on the cheap. ITEM PRICE $45

heraclitus682
November 13th, 2015, 07:29 PM
PM sent on the Parker 51.

Rick Krantz
November 13th, 2015, 08:02 PM
emails work best everyone! I'm not as good with PM's

Rick Krantz
November 13th, 2015, 08:04 PM
BTW, if A doesn't sell, I will not be upset. I honestly must say, it is one of the cooler pens I had recently. Last HR Ink o Graph I had went like a flash, and it didn't write anywhere as nice as this one.

stub
November 14th, 2015, 10:32 AM
oh, If I had the scratch I would by Leroy and Evelyn (J & K) to keep them together. Maybe because I am getting married in 4 weeks but the romantic in me wants to see that cute set stay together. I also had a 3v like that and it was sweet wet noodle city.

Marsilius
November 14th, 2015, 12:13 PM
A quick search suggests that Evelyn might have been Leroy's daughter?

Rick Krantz
November 14th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Unfortunately, they have been separated. I was hoping someone would have kept them together. And a little surprised Leroy has not sold!

KBeezie
November 14th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Unfortunately, they have been separated. I was hoping someone would have kept them together. And a little surprised Leroy has not sold!

:P I would have gotten it if it wasn't the winter months (my finances suck during them), always wanting more flex.

Empty_of_Clouds
November 14th, 2015, 09:19 PM
I would have gone for the flexy 3v except for it being a very short pen. My 94 has a buyer now. I have found that writing with a truly flexible nib suits me well. So much so that a Jinhao 450 fitted with a zebra g nib is now a daily writer. I hate to think of these wonderful flexible nibs ending up in the hands of people who don't actually use them.