PDA

View Full Version : Turnaround Time on a Customization

Shane Cavitt
November 17th, 2015, 04:36 AM
I am considering purchasing a pen (Pilot Custom 74 or possibly even a Custom 823) from nibs.com to take advantage of his tuning/customizing services. Was wondering what the turnaround time is if you add a stub custom grind? How quickly does he ship? What is the normal shipping time without customization? Thanks!

Shane Cavitt
November 17th, 2015, 05:55 AM
Mods please move to Pens in General. Not sure how/why I posted in this section.

earthdawn
November 17th, 2015, 06:08 AM
I am considering purchasing a pen (Pilot Custom 74 or possibly even a Custom 823) from nibs.com to take advantage of his tuning/customizing services. Was wondering what the turnaround time is if you add a stub custom grind? How quickly does he ship? What is the normal shipping time without customization? Thanks!

If you call early in the day he will sometimes get you in that day lineup and ship it.

I ordered a Nakaya that was in stock and wanted a BB stubbed. I got emailed a tracking # about 8pm my time that day. He is very fast when you are buying the pen from him.

Shane Cavitt
November 17th, 2015, 11:01 AM

If you call early in the day he will sometimes get you in that day lineup and ship it.

I ordered a Nakaya that was in stock and wanted a BB stubbed. I got emailed a tracking # about 8pm my time that day. He is very fast when you are buying the pen from him.

That is much quicker than I was expecting and exactly why I asked the question. Thanks for the reply!

Jon Szanto
November 17th, 2015, 04:28 PM
That is much quicker than I was expecting and exactly why I asked the question. Thanks for the reply!

Keep in mind that nothing any of us has to say means as much as simply calling them and asking. John or Jonella or any of the others at CFP can give you the specifics for your order, taking into account current work load, inventory, etc. Great people, those CFP folks.