PDA

View Full Version : New to Fountain Pens in Utah

MrClockWork
November 5th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Just bought my first fountain pen about two weeks ago (Lamy Safari EF) and I am loving it! I live in Salt Lake City but I am still a Virginia boy at heart! I am working on improving my handwriting and it is slowly coming along. I am already looking to buy my second pen and I have already peaked my wife's interest with a Parker Vector I found at work that had an Italic nib. (I think she signed her name 50+ times with the pen) I appreciate that what I have experienced from the community so far is really open, encouraging and supportive of people finding what they like. Can't wait to know enough to contribute to the community.

writingrav
November 5th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Welcome to Geekland. The fun has just begun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

fountainpenkid
November 5th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Welcome!!
I went to Moab once for 10 days...camping. I brought a 1950's higgins FP along for the ride...plane trip and all. The landscape is awesome out there. Towns are totally different then the snobby towns I live with here in CT.

Best,

KrazyIvan
November 5th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Welcome to the board and the dark side.

Bogon07
November 6th, 2012, 03:31 PM
MrClockWork Hi and welcome to the forum. The obsession starts with just one Safari !
Collect a few more now so you're ready to get anxious about what colour the 2013 LimitedEdition could be. :spy:

My wife is really happy with her Parker Vector TweetyBird although she is concerned how well the Parker blue ink will hold up in her work records.

TheOpenHouseGuy
September 6th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Just bought my first fountain pen about two weeks ago (Lamy Safari EF) and I am loving it! I live in Salt Lake City but I am still a Virginia boy at heart! I am working on improving my handwriting and it is slowly coming along. I am already looking to buy my second pen and I have already peaked my wife's interest with a Parker Vector I found at work that had an Italic nib. (I think she signed her name 50+ times with the pen) I appreciate that what I have experienced from the community so far is really open, encouraging and supportive of people finding what they like. Can't wait to know enough to contribute to the community.

Yeah keep in touch with me I would love to find some people local that share this crazy Hobby.
Shane

jar
September 6th, 2016, 07:08 PM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

Chemyst
September 6th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Greetings from Massachusetts!

caribbean_skye
September 7th, 2016, 05:36 AM
welcome welcome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaveT
September 7th, 2016, 06:50 AM
Hello and welcome from Indiana!

southpaw52
September 7th, 2016, 09:23 AM