PDA

View Full Version : Ink Review: Kaweco Caramel Brown

Chrissy
November 25th, 2015, 09:43 AM
This is a review for Kaweco Caramel Brown ink. This is the latest shade of brown from Kaweco. The previous brown was called Earth Brown and it's darker. You might still find some older bottles of Kaweco Earth Brown ink and the older ink boxes are a darker brown colour. You can tell if you have one of the newest bottles because the name of the ink is now printed on the box. It's also on the cartridge packs and Kaweco branding is now on each cartridge.

This is a pretty shade of brown ink. It's not too dark, or almost black and I like it for that. However, I found it quite dry in the Kaweco Dia2 pen that I tested it with, despite the fact that I left the cartridge in the pen for a few days to ensure that the feed was saturated enough. It felt dryer to write with than the Midnight Blue and Ruby Red inks that I have already reviewed from Kaweco.

You might still find some older bottles of Kaweco Earth brown ink. The inks are a fairly similar colour.

This ink isn't waterproof, and it doesn't stain fingers.

Kaweco ink is made in Germany. It is available in 30ml bottles or packs containing 6 standard international sized cartridges.

aurore
November 25th, 2020, 09:46 AM
A great review, as always. Thank you a lot!
I have read all your Kaweco reviews since I am considering a couple of bottles. Would you say (in general) they are worth the price? Particularly Midnight Blue, Caramel Brown and Ruby Red.
Thank you.

ethernautrix
November 25th, 2020, 10:08 AM
Oo, that is a nice brown. Huh, I tried it a few years ago and wasn't blown away, but I'm capricious about not-black inks. I'm tempted to try it again.

Anyway, appreciate the review!

Chrissy
November 25th, 2020, 03:28 PM
A great review, as always. Thank you a lot!
I have read all your Kaweco reviews since I am considering a couple of bottles. Would you say (in general) they are worth the price? Particularly Midnight Blue, Caramel Brown and Ruby Red.
Thank you.
You're welcome. :) Yes I think they are good value inks for the price. In fact remarkably similar to a known high quality brand that costs considerably more. :D

Bisquitlips
November 25th, 2020, 07:04 PM
I really like brown inks. This one is a bit on the flat side, but the drying time is excellent. Like to see it on some Tomoe River.

Chrissy
November 25th, 2020, 11:49 PM
I really like brown inks. This one is a bit on the flat side, but the drying time is excellent. Like to see it on some Tomoe River.
This review was done 5 years ago. If I updated it then I would show how it writes on several different papers like Tomoe River.

Bisquitlips
November 26th, 2020, 12:19 AM
Thanks Chrissy!

aurore
November 26th, 2020, 01:58 AM
You're welcome. :) Yes I think they are good value inks for the price. In fact remarkably similar to a known high quality brand that costs considerably more. :D

Indeed they look sharply similar. As sharp as a pencil. A Russian pencil :)

dneal
December 1st, 2020, 08:36 AM
This review was done 5 years ago.

Initially, I was like "What? New? This ink has been around for years..."

Good review of a very nice brown.

Dimy
December 5th, 2020, 05:34 PM
This looks nice and might be worth comparing with Taccia Tsuchi, I still have not opened the bottle but I expect it to have quite similar color, by my experience with taccia inks, especially with similar price.

aurore
December 6th, 2020, 08:26 AM
I ordered some cartridges. Kaweco inks (at least some of them) are very appealing.

FredRydr
December 6th, 2020, 09:17 AM
This ink has done well compensating for a rather wet favorite EF flex nib in an oversize '29 Sheaffer Balance.

Take note of the size of the Kaweco bottle when you make comparisons. The bottle I received was 30ml, not 50ml.

Chrissy
December 7th, 2020, 01:31 AM
This ink has done well compensating for a rather wet favorite EF flex nib in an oversize '29 Sheaffer Balance.

Take note of the size of the Kaweco bottle when you make comparisons. The bottle I received was 30ml, not 50ml.
All of Kaweco ink bottles contain 30ml not 50ml. :confused::confused:

VertOlive
December 16th, 2020, 09:19 PM
Thank you again for a review that saves me buying a sample. Not quite the brown I was looking for to use in the Sailor Black Velvet.

Chrissy
December 17th, 2020, 02:05 AM
Thank you again for a review that saves me buying a sample. Not quite the brown I was looking for to use in the Sailor Black Velvet.
I would be looking for a chocolate brown for a Sailor Black Velvet
Diamine Chocolate or PR Chocolate perhaps? Monteverde Brown might also be close.
If you look at Inky Thoughts Mystery Inks #29 was PR Chocolate. (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/31685-Mystery-Ink-28-(version-3)-and-Mystery-Ink-29)